Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser

Apexi Avcr - Installation, Setup + Raiseing Boost? Please Help

Hey guys

Basically i have just installed my avcr. I am wanting to raise my standard boost (psi) a little higher to say around 12. I have a standard internal wastegate setup. The avcr unit has been completely wired in (except the scramble switch). I have installed the Solenoid inbetween the internal wastegate and the intake pipe with the 'Common' nippe on the solenoid going to the wastegate and the other going to the intake pipe. Also The pressure sensor gets its pressure source from the intake manifold.

Upon turning the igniton one, the soleniod will make a Click sound, so i am assumeing it is activating and still functional, when fed power.

Also not so long ago i was running a simple bleed valve in the exact same place as where the avcr pressure sensor is installed now, but due to not being able to controll in the car, and not being a very quality style part it was removed.

When trying to raise the boost in the duty section on the avcr no matter how much i increase it in percentage, the full boost pressure will alwayes be the same (7psi).

Would anyone know if this problem i am haveing is a faulty part? Soleniod, pressure sensor? head up display? loomb? not wired correctly? or Mechanical faut? possibly useing incorrect vacume sources? Or even softwear fault, such as not enableing the correct settings?

Thanks in advance guys, any help would me much appreciated!!

Regards Lyle

ps im on msn Draper_Ebay@hotmail.com
    pps i am also running an aftermarket manage useing the microtec lt8
    Last edited by Sexc86; 28-12-2006 at 07:29 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    Dont the instructions tell you how to set it up??
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    hahaah man that was a useless post! yes it does but obviously im am doing something not quite right, which is why i would rather get some advice from someone who has had some hands on experience with these units..

Do you have a boost cut in the Microtech that's limiting your boost?