Thread: FUEL - 95 vti

FUEL - 95 vti

95 accord vti

what is the best type of fuel to use in my car regardless of price, ive been told by some that 98 octane is good and others say its not good and unneccary..... is using 98 better for my car???.... it seems to drive smoother and cleaner...is it the car or in my head???

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    96 JDM Legend 'Exclusive'
    I used 91 for a couple years no problem. I now use 98, first time I used it I noticed that it is definitely quiter and smoother than on 91.

Raz

dude... BP ultimate is nice but if ur place has no BP...(BP is smoother than optimax)
    go for Shell optimax instead.. the runs smoother andmore mileage..offcourse depending how u drive lol

ive been using BP ultimate in the last 3 tanks ive used. one of my mates told me its a waste of time and that my engine isnt made for 98 fule!!! i am a bit confused, i thought 98 would be better for an older engine or any engine for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by poid View Post
    just test for which gives you the most kilometres per dollar...otherwise there is no real benefit
    i guess thats what it comes down to... cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    Some times u put BP ultimate urges u to put ur foot down. coz you might think you got more power, therefore the km's drop down lol ...

it does felt much responsive with BP ultimate... but its like u paying 15-20 cents more then the std unleaded.

it narrows down to you, if you are willing to pay more with a better fuel and slightly better performance or being stingy and just make the car go and do its job ...

its only 10c more. thats like $6 a tank. nothing really thats only 2 coffees a week, which i probable dont need

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    must we go over this every time?

there are countless threads on fuel types, we dont need a new one every time someone has a slightly different car - there arent that many variables.