Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    I don't think the more expensive models have double tweeters.. it's almost like a gimmick. Not that I bought $500+ speakers before, but I think that's just Rockford's trademark sound.. for normal music it sounds way too exaggerated and shrill, but if you listen to techno music (I think that's the English name for it?) with all the shrill sound effects/etc... then it'll probably sound good to you. I personally went with MBQ.
    The T162S dont have double Tweeters --- only the P162S does

As for sound quality -- you obviously are not using sound mat!!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    Jaycar!!!

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekstar View Post
    Jaycar!!!
    lol... jaycar seem to be good fro the price but jus dont stack up against higher models

on a side note, i was auditioning subs a few days ago and had a listen to a set of dyn's (cant remeber the model but rrp was $1100) and they made my focal 165 v slims sound like boss audio

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    check out the rainbow range some very impressive splits from that company. Also check out caraudioaustralia.com (also teamcaa.com) and ull find endless threads about splits and prolly find some better info than here.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    lol... jaycar seem to be good fro the price but jus dont stack up against higher models

on a side note, i was auditioning subs a few days ago and had a listen to a set of dyn's (cant remeber the model but rrp was $1100) and they made my focal 165 v slims sound like boss audio
    lol.... that's probably the System 242...
    Dyn's are something that i'm saving up for, cheapest set of brand new Dyn's is like 900-1000 i think.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean_blue View Post
    Goto a set of Nakamichi for $499.00

SPS2-650

Cheers

Great spkrs if you can source them at that price.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    OK I'm prepared to get flamed for this, but has anyone looked at Blaupunkts Velocity Comp 6.5's.. only $349. In the recent edition of Hot 4's, the Sound editor compared them to Dyn's, Morel's etc. in both build quality and sound. In his words 'they are the speaker buy of all time!' LOL

I'm thinking of selling my MB Quart References and changing to the Blaupunkt

Quote Originally Posted by higgo_69 View Post
    yeah thanks, i might go have a hearing test at an audio place and see what i think is best.
    go for the boston Z6.......really really nice, but it doesn't fit in the 500 that you were going on about so yeah