Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    WRX and R32
    Yeah, most of the full-race kits need 1/2 size radiator and depending on the kit may not allow p/s or a/c. Visit full-race.com for the info. If you want to see some of the results with the full-race kits tho, go to panekmechanik.com and see some of the vids of the tegs and civics...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6, DC5R
    For stock block/head with no future intentions of spending the large $ to get big big HP, then go with the Edelbrock, Drag kits like Slow96GSR has said.

However, for long term goals of 300+whp I would go with the Full Race stuff. They have shown big gains with all of their kits, as Saxman said.

If you look at the F/R (PWR) back door intercooler it goes for $640USD or so for the basic 20x8x3" cooler. Thats quite a bit of dollars for an intercooler when a Precision cooler will do the same for less than half that. Full Race just makes sure quality is added. Not that the Precision doesnt have quality.

So tally this up - Full Race kit Stage I - approx 5-6k shipped, Walbro - $165 (I think - JDM Yard), Injectors - 600 (550cc+), reg, Hondata s200 tuned (1,500), oil/boost guages, clutch (if needed) etc etc comes to much more than 6k.

James (BLKCRX) uses the F/R manifold and has had good success pulling 450whp so I would imagine it would be good quality. Alot of the US guys these days are making cheaper, quality manifolds - but I suppose your paying for a well-established, proven brand! Other alternatives - are OneFab, Neukin, JGFab etc all on Honda-Tech - which are much cheaper. Friend uses a "cheaper" kit and still makes 300 whp (sleeves,pistons,rods,18psi) on an Ebay manifold.

Go with a top-mount and you can make B18C 833whp like an Integra I read about!
    Last edited by jdm16; 15-06-2006 at 08:39 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra Type R
    man you can peice together yourself a "custom kit for around 6500ish maybe a little more with tuning and installation if you plan on getting a work shop to install for you....put it this way i spent around that maybe a squige more due to the larger ignition system i brought....but the only thing is you probably wont get the the 200kw mark...i'm a smigen under 200kw in my R on 8psi so im thinking you would probably make 160-170ish on a stock engine with a simular set up to mine.
    Last edited by superR; 16-06-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    you spent over 6.5k and still didnt get over 200kw. money well spent.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    i was going to buy the full-race kit, but it worked out cheaper to source most of the parts locally and only bring in the manifold due to high shipping costs.. the manifolds are pricey but of very high quality(an weighed like 25kgs)

also what car is this going into?cos i got the manifold that allows a/c to run aswell, but the turbo sat a few cm's away from the turbo which ment the a/c wasnt very cool im gong to relocate the condensor to the side. and i'd probably recommend not using a EG half size radiator as they are really small/thin, get a custom twin core (i had no say as nothing else fitted my crx)
    NEW hondata s200. Melb only

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 Honda Civic VTiR
    I am looking at these Full Race Turbo kits also as my plans are now turboing,
    This is for an EK4 VTiR with B16A2,
    So when your talking about 1/2 size radiator is that just the same as the standard size, i mean can i upgrade to a better race style radiator, i.e thicker or will there be no room,
    So i am looking around this to get the set up:
    Stage 2 or 3 Full Race Turbo Kit
    New Injectors (please give ideas as to future mods include built bottom end)
    New Fuel Pump (As Above)
    ECU (Need some ideas here as to whats best to run)
    Morosso Baffled Oil Pan
    Full Tune on standard internals running maybe 5 - 8 PSI,
    So my guess to set this up good will be around $9000-$9500 i am not wanting to break any power records just something reliable till i can get the bottom end built,
    i would be stocked if i could be driving around happily with around 140-150kw at the wheels,
    Please also if i seem to have forgotten any other things i may need let me know, thanks,
    Also i am thinking about speaking with DynoDave in regards to tuning, what are your thoughts, people who have had him tune their cars?

For around 150 kw at the wheels, ill recommend the avo kit instead. itll cost u cheaper while still retaining ur a/c and p/s without any hassle. Plus ull get a more smoother power without the turbo lag of a larger T3 turbo that FR is made for.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    I want that Edelbrock turbo kit!
    i have an idea: me, waggy and brad, all call them together and get them to ship3 b-series turbo kits out here and try get them cheaper for getting 3?
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR View Post
    Yes Edelbrock has a b16 kit,
    Edelbrock also has a option for a bigger turbo for about $250USD.

Wont the b16 kit fit the b18 too? are they made for specific cars? because the intercooler kits wont be the ssame for all cars.

The bigger turbo says for displacement from 1.7-2.7L so would that make that out of the questiion?

I have a b18 so i would want the bigger turbo, but would it create much more lag?
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CXI stock but riced
    are there any exact people names, businesses, phone numbers, addresses in Sydney that get u a deal for noobies who dont know how to import engines, turbos, suspension and whatever else?

Quote Originally Posted by VTi_b0i View Post
    I want that Edelbrock turbo kit!
    i have an idea: me, waggy and brad, all call them together and get them to ship3 b-series turbo kits out here and try get them cheaper for getting 3?
    LOL I'm down for that - how much are the edelbrock kits anyway? Cheaper than FR?

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    I think vtecbrad is closer to what it's actually gonna cost. There's always other stuff that more power demands, eg better tyres, clutch, exhaust system, cooling etc...
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale