Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealer prices

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy

Dealer prices

Why do dealers charge so high for used cars? I never understood this, and would anybody actually buy those??

Member Array
    Lol! Well have you ever looked at what they have to do to put a car on the lot? Once the car is theirs they have to clean it, inspect it, fix any issues, make sure it passes emissions, and put it on the lot. Then they have to maintain it while it's on the lot. So when they get it from the owner they put on what it costs to do all that so they can make a PROFIT!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX
    Yeah, LOL.
    Their main money comes from selling cars on Finance.
    ... [ About Me | My Blog ] ...

Honda Parts For Sale
    Check out the Listing

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    They have to pay the transfer fees, they have to factor in the holding costs of the car in the yard on top of the above-mentioned things...

People buy them because if anything happens to the car, they have someone to go back to..But beware, not all dealer second hand cars are covered by statutory warranty.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    But still, ive seen old cars worth 4000 selling for 10,000 at used car dealers (there is one specific one in Auburn). Its not surprising that most of the cars have been there for months untouched..
    .© ♪

Member Array
    It's called a classic car. There was a 1971 Hemi Cuda that sold for 250kUSD but was originaly sold for something like 2500USD. If it's been rebuilt and kept nice an older 4k car would sell for 10k easy. More if it's rare. Give more info on this car, like what year, make, and model. That would help us in letting you know what's going on there.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    But the cars I'm talking about are early-mid 90's workhorse camry's and corrola's with 300,000km.. hardly classic cars
    .© ♪

Member Array
    All I can say then is Carfax or KBB.com and see what it should be at. Maybe there are mods. Maybe they are trying to rip you off. Who knows?!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    I brought my ek from a dealer 13k drive away with 41,000kms on it last year. I thought i got a good deal and i love it
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    first of all dealers are there to make money, private sellers are generally just trying to recoup as much money as possible.

used cars from dealerships are also 'generally' in better condition than private sales as the dealer has spent a bit of money touching up paint, rwc, misc repairs.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Dont forget wages and comission for their employees.

its tooo ex to purchase from a dealer.....cost at least 2-3g more