Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic

Civic Sport vs Mazda 3

Hi all,

Family member is thinking about purchasing a new car and has started comparing the sport to sp23. Both cars are in a similar RRP range (just over $30) and both cars have very similar specs. Now at this point neither car has been driven, but test drives will be done shortly. Both cars will also be automatic. Just curious to hear what peoples thoughts on this were . . .

I recognise that this is a Honda forum at the views will be slanted, but would like to here some objective opinions.
    Last edited by Zdster; 06-02-2007 at 04:08 PM.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    so you mean SP23 mate?

Mazda for the win cause more hp.

if you wanted to compare a manaual sports to man SP23 I can help if in syd.

Car:
    Civic
    Sorry, your right. Sp23 and auto . I am also in Melbourne, but thanks for the offer.

The extra amount of horsepower is marginal (2kw?) and plus it is going to a family member who doesnt drive it particularly hard.

Curious to here what everyone else has to say as these to cars are very similar in specs.

They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Civic Coupe
    Your family member, should consider resale value, what has a higher resale value out of the two. Both are heaps nice cars and im sure either one will be great for the purpose. Id go for the honda, not being biased just mainly civic has a good resale value.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 vti
    id take the civic just ebcause i own one, but having said that the sp23 is definatley still a very good car.

the only thing that i can say (which does not work for you lol) is just that the throw and clutch are a hell of a lot longer than the civics. i dont know about other people but i prefer small throws and small clutch engagement.

um the interior of the sp23 is pretty nice with big chunky buttons on the radio so its easy to select track etc, imo the steering feel is better on a 3 and the car does tend to roll a bit less. however having said that the sp23 or any 3 (im pretty sure but i may be wrong) doesnt seem to have a sunroof option which i would want.

btw, resale value on 3s are quite good and very comparable to the civic. there are 04s (sport not sp23) selling at 25k still.

however the best selling point for the mazdas imo are the paint. comparing paint from other factory paint, mazda goes that extra bit further and has some crazy pearlescent paint option available these days ie red with a yellow base coat blue with purple base coat etc etc. its damn good lol

neways hope my hungover typings helped
    Perth members: Click here! WaHonda

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro..now '06 VW GTI
    Oh thats a tough one!! Coz I at one stage or another wanted both (not at the same time!) but the civic seems considerably larger in body than the sp23 and I am one who likes to set the trend, sooo... too many mazda 3's out there! But I guess the civic is catching up.

I think they both deserve a test drive before any real decision can be made.. esp if manual coz feel in the gear change is particularly important. I guess maybe if performance wise, specs are quite similar, then u gotta start looking towards the knick knacks of the cars...
    Where have you been all my life...... and why didn't you stay there!?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    *All prices are RRP*

Leather is a $3000 option on the SP23, while it is standard on the Civic Sport.
    So for an auto with leather,
    Civic Sport: $32,490
    Mazda3 SP23: $34,860

And for an extra $1000, the SP23 offers DSC and TC, which is not available in the Civic Sport. At that price range of $35,860, you're better off with a base auto Euro ($35,990).
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 vti
    id probably go with the base euro if i had the extra money aswell.
    Perth members: Click here! WaHonda

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro..now '06 VW GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    *All prices are RRP*

And for an extra $1000, the SP23 offers DSC and TC, which is not available in the Civic Sport. At that price range of $35,860, you're better off with a base auto Euro ($35,990).
    Hmm... yes, thats quite a bit on top! But the $3k is a package... u get BOSE speakers, leather and something like diff wheels/door handles! But like I said before, "knick knacks"!

I paid $1890 extra for my leather seats that burn my legs in the summer! It's all good! haha
    Where have you been all my life...... and why didn't you stay there!?

Car:
    Civic
    Thanks for the responses so far.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    *All prices are RRP*

This is very interesting. The feeling with euro however was that it 'felt' larger than the civic. *edit* I just checked the specs and it seems that it is only around 3cm's longer all around.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    civic and euro very close competitors.

with the sport, they both have K series motors.

both fwd,

i'd save a few extra coin and go euro

but if pressed to choose from the two

Civic design in my opinion is better, and the sp23 is starting to look a little dated, like the mazda 6 does now.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_GTI View Post
    Hmm... yes, thats quite a bit on top! But the $3k is a package... u get BOSE speakers, leather and something like diff wheels/door handles! But like I said before, "knick knacks"!

I paid $1890 extra for my leather seats that burn my legs in the summer! It's all good! haha
    The 2007 Civic Sport gets the nice EP3 CTR 17" rims as well. How's the audio system though? I've given up on the "BOSE" brand name as they are overrated, especially when it comes to car audio.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2