Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro..now '06 VW GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMVTEC View Post
    At end of day I think Civic Sport is questionable value. Vti is great for price, Sport is not really.
    I agree!! VTi seems very reasonable in value.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The leather in the Euro is not that high grade either. And the sides and back are actually PVC. Only the front faces of the bottom seat and backrest are real leather.
    Really? Someone actually scratched the leather seat on passenger side, the side cushion-y bit - looks like leather to me?
    Where have you been all my life...... and why didn't you stay there!?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_GTI View Post
    Really? Someone actually scratched the leather seat on passenger side, the side cushion-y bit - looks like leather to me?
    The side cushions are also leather (in the front face), but if you see the part of the side cushion that faces the B-pillar (and the side with the lumbar support adjustment lever), those are PVC!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Prelude VTi-R
    Correct me if I'm wrong - but I thought the Euro was made in Thailand too?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Menthu Rae View Post
    Nup, made in Japan. The larger Accord is made in Thailand.

Member Array
    Car:
    HONDA
    civic, jazz, accord(not euro accord), cr-v are all made in Thailand

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro..now '06 VW GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by Menthu Rae View Post
    I guess u stand corrected! Yup, EURO is made in Japan!
    Where have you been all my life...... and why didn't you stay there!?

Member Array
    Car:
    "11 Civic TypeR
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    That's where your extra money goes to when you buy an European car. That's also why Lexus cost twice that of a Honda or Toyota while also being a Japansese car. They use top quality materials.
    Well said aaron - a lot of the time Civics and many of Japanese cars in that class are built to a price point.

When I was looking at a BMW last year (3 series coupe), just the build quality and finish in the interior shows the European makes still have the edge in manufacturing.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ES Civic k20a3
    The steering wheel feels solid thou...compared to other makes...
    yeah i kind of agree the car really is getting 'gay' or housewife friendly...
    its suppose to b hot, not hot mum?...
    If honda does not race, there is no honda...
    Garage Sales
    http://bbqtechnook.multiply.com/journal

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnooK View Post
    its suppose to b hot, not hot mum?...
    Nah, it's meant to be mum.

The UK civic is the hot one.

Wew... it seems that I'm the only one that doesnt agree wit the original post? =p

anyway...

EXTERIOR
    Why ppl always sed they love the rear? for me the front is nearly perfect, only the rear that annoys me... round lights??? wth??? Skyline wannabe? and the back of the new civic looks a bit huge, and now? they add round light? "i like big butt and I cannot lie..."

INTERIOR
    Agree with the comments about "WHOA look at that interior!!" on the first glance... but if you sit on it for a while (not only test drive) you'll realise that it has more room and more comfertable than the previous gen. I drive my Civic sports for 4 mths already, and have to drive the 7th gen last weekend... and trust me... not feelin good at all...

POWER
    No comment, coz I got auto... cant comment on auto car atm...

HANDLING
    Ok... im the only one that has a controvercy comments again here? for me the handling are worse than the 7th gen... I can took an almost 50 degree turn @ 65km/h with my 7th gen, but with the new civic, I have to brake all the way till around 45km/hr. Suspension is bit hard (this is what my 2 uncles complaints to me when they test drive my car)

BRAKE
    No comments on brake, so far so good...

In conclusion... I'm bit disappointed by the value (I should've spent $35k for integra instead of this). but after a while, I'm pretty happy with it... I agree with the "girly" looks of the new civic... but thats why bodykit and spoiler comes in (still waiting for my mugen kit =p). When you see one having a mugen kit on, you wont see the "girl" side of it anymore...

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Vti Civic & 99 Legend
    FWIW
    The motor is deep and wide. It's the first i-VTEC I've driven with two lobes and something else changes on the lift? The motor is a three-part docu-drama. Pulls from under 2,000rpm, punches through the mid-range and draws breath again at 4,000rpm.

However, the paint on those big, flat door panels looks like my son's work. The paint could be more and better.

But the interior! Gad me with a spoon!