Member Array
    Car:
    CRX

Sub-Box thickness?

Hey guys me and my mate will be making a sub box for my CRX 1987, Ill be running 2 10" woofers running at 800Watt each. How thick should my meterial be and what material should I use???

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Minimum i'd be using would be 18mm MDF, if you don't mind the extra cost and weight it'd be a better option to use 25mm MDF. One aspect you might look into is internal bracing to provide some more strength.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    you only need 18mm thats more than enough, I only use 25mm if your sub is 12W7 or 13W7 or something similar to that and even that I only use the 25mm on the side where the woofer will be mounted the rest just use 18mm then you just brace it, I cant imagine use 25mm for the whole box I dont think you can lift it after that

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I usually use 18mm MDF for box, laminate two pieces for the baffle that's going to hold the woofer (so 36mm that side). Then use reasonably thick dowell to brace the box.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    just to remind you if you are gonna braces the box please make sure you add up the total volume including the braces

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    Cheers guys il go to Miter 10 tomorrow and pick it all up, should 10" woofer be ported tho?

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by serpo View Post
    Cheers guys il go to Miter 10 tomorrow and pick it all up, should 10" woofer be ported tho?
    every woofer has got their own thiele and parameters so you cant say like that, so you need to check whether your woofer can be ported or sealed

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_NSX View Post
    every woofer has got their own thiele and parameters so you cant say like that, so you need to check whether your woofer can be ported or sealed
    Hmm then box the woofers came in doesnt say this a problemo

Member Array
    Car:
    ED CIVC FD CIVC
    36mm the ultimate in box heavy as ***k but it wont flex