Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    cheers fellas! im gonna crank it haha
    The Pain Of Discipline Is Far Less Than The Pain Of Regret

What sort of hu pre-out voltage are you getting?? how do you know its 0.7v? Turning up the gain of the amp will increase the floor noise.

If you crank it up and send a clip signal it will fry the sub... if you dont crank it up and not getting enough power, when you turn up the volume, you could still send a clip signal which can also fry the sub.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1\ek4\ej8
    Here is how I tune amps... (for loudness without sound breaking off)

1) all deck setting as defaults.

2) all gain control on amps to minimum.

3) turn your deck volumn to max.

4) slowly increase the gain until you hit the crispy(??) point.

5) done.

note.

* good head unit should not distort(or produce distort signal) at any volumn. Meaning, its your amp or speaker that cracks all the time.

* unless you are powering tweeter and mid seperately, speakers should be powered at AP.
    This is why you need a good component so that network(crossover) can filter what speakers arent capable of...(its not a filter but works out to be...)

# If loudness is not your theme, zero gain will alway produce smoothest sound...
    MY FOR SALE THREAD http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...71#post2039971
    rims, suspensions, seats and more...

Quote Originally Posted by tune2look View Post
    Here is how I tune amps... (for loudness without sound breaking off)

1) all deck setting as defaults.

2) all gain control on amps to minimum.

3) turn your deck volumn to max.

4) slowly increase the gain until you hit the crispy(??) point.

5) done.

note.

* good head unit should not distort(or produce distort signal) at any volumn. Meaning, its your amp or speaker that cracks all the time.

* unless you are powering tweeter and mid seperately, speakers should be powered at AP.
    This is why you need a good component so that network(crossover) can filter what speakers arent capable of...(its not a filter but works out to be...)

# If loudness is not your theme, zero gain will alway produce smoothest sound...

what u on about dude... its best to turn ur HU up to 75% in volume and keep everything down on ur amp... thats the cross over point. then gradually turn up the gain and filters on the amps. one it hits distortion back off abit and thats the best sound u could ever get. its better to have a powerful amp to run ur speakers where the gain is at 0.

just remember, its better to sacrifice to abit of volume rather than loosing quality!

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1\ek4\ej8
    Quote Originally Posted by tune2look View Post
    I dont think 100% makes any difference to 75%.
    As above, most quality head unit do not send distort noise at any level, meaning, tuning is all up to the amp.
    Well.. please correct me if I am wrong since this is how I learn
    MY FOR SALE THREAD http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...71#post2039971
    rims, suspensions, seats and more...