Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hey Guys - Thought I'd drop in.

Hey Guys,

I signed up to say hi and share my gained knowledge in the area of HID's and inparticular the ability to retrofit cars with OEM xenon projectors from other vehicles (Not plug and play hid kit which are not designed for xenon applications) I see allot of Honda's with HID kits glaring up the roads and putting down pretty crap levels of useable light.

I thougth 'what the hell, show them some options"

In a nutshell the most common source of projectors preferred by myself and collegues on the U.S forums are Honda S2000 projectors and Accord Euro's. By creating custom frames and being creative with your external finishing you get a geniune Hid product producing identical results to the OEM cars. You get that colour you love and the coverage you all want.

The below is the lexus LS430 projector. My camera couldn't zoom out far enough to illustrate how insane the coverage of these projectors are.

P.S i'm not here to sell anything, just answer question/offer advice and show you guys what alternatives are out there for people who love HID's and stuff.

Cheers,

Respi

Flicker Video just showing the insane colour these projectors give off: http://video.google.com.au/videoplay...61313533576380
    Some more off the same - Flicker Video: http://video.google.com.au/videoplay...47084675304411

The Lexus retrofit is for a Mazda. My most recent retrofit was installing S2000 projectors into a Mazda Sp23. If you have any quesion at all I'm happy to help.
    Last edited by Respi; 16-02-2007 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Add additional info

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Vtir
    where you based at? the states ?

Yay!...now I know who to call on if I ever get around to going the HID way.

Oh and Welcome to OzH Respi. Hope to see you on the next SYD meet/cruise. What do you drive and any pics of it?

I agree, do it right the first time...quite a few people on the roads nowadays with pnp hid kits in their oem reflector housing. The glare is horrendous and their output on the road is pretty shoddy too.

I just sold my ALFA 147 GTA due to diff problems. $6.5k repair bill and it hit me hard leaving me with no choice but to go easy on the sprts cars until I save allot more money. So for now me and the mrs are left with a mazda 3 & 2.

If anyone is up for a demo of the different type of projectors out there let me know.. I'm happy to help.

Here is the beast not to long before i sold it..

184kw 3.2 v6 stock... 0-100 = 6.3

Last edited by Respi; 16-02-2007 at 04:49 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Nice! Do you think it's worth retrofitting lux Euro HID projectors into a base Euro?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

sure is.. I actually just picked up a full headlight today.. more than welcome to try it out and see what you think yourself... Let me know because I gut the headlights and just keep the projector.

I'll keep these intact for a few days in case you want to try them out and see if going the geniune upgrade is any different to a kit..

Nice pic. Love the sexy new Alfas.

hmmm, thought I'd get a few more questions that what I have got thus far. I guess people are content with rice kits

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    just say for example if u were to retro fit projector on EK headlights how muhc would that be?

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    alfas are rubbish, but good when they are working.
    lol.
    work with em everyday.

btw, PM sent.
    =)