Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    07 Vti Civic & 99 Legend

Women in various states of undress!

Giday Guys,
    Let me just couch my following comments with a clear statement that, I do not now, nor have I in the past, bowled from the Paddington end. Similarly, I have a firm view that this lifestyle choice will continue for the foreseeable future.

My topic here relates to the apparent out-moded views of some of OzHonda's members with respect to affirmative action and respect for the roles of women in the wider community. Some of the thought leaders and senior members of OzHonda have a penchant for displaying avatars of women's breasts, cleavages and generally the décolletages. I don't find this personally offensive but just wonder about the sensibilities of any women that might want to become members. I know the site has a code of conduct. I just wonder how the members would react to my proposal to show avatars of myself in the near-buff?

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    It is an issue that we have looked at in the past,
    Having so many members doesnt help us monitor EVERY single avator.
    If you see something that is offensive, or could be perceived as offensive, PM a moderator with the member's username, and we'll have a look at it.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    i sorta agree to an extent with his comments. Not that i have a problem with them...people who are browsing website at work or at uni could get them into trouble. Thats my main issue with avatars that some ozhonda members have.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    as long as the avatar does not show something which would be considered offensive to a reasonable person , with respect to the fact that ozhonda must be appropriate for an audience under 18 years, there is no legal obligation for ozhonda to censor them. its similar to tv, which can show a cleavage, swimsuits, etc etc but not full on frontal nudity.

this being said, ozhonda would be perfectly entitled to impose its own set of rules, provided they fell within the bounds of the law - eg they could say no cleavage, but they couldnt say no asian girls.

its an excellent point though, im glad you brought it up. we all need to think about whether what we're posting/doing is sensible, and how others would feel about it

Moderator - here to help Array
    someone snitched on me. my previous AV was a crowd favourite.
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    if you dont want to see them or dont wanna get in trouble from them turn them off (in your user CP)

it'll make your page load faster too

i say leave it as it, we are relatively tame compared to other forums. anything overly offensive gets removed.

however i do believe that sort of nude/semi nude sorta content should be kept to 18+ threads
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    if you dont want to see them or dont wanna get in trouble from them turn them off (in your user CP)

it'll make your page load faster too

i say leave it as it, we are relatively tame compared to other forums. anything overly offensive gets removed.

however i do believe that sort of nude/semi nude sorta content should be kept to 18+ threads
    says him with naked boobs under a racing harness lol.

perhaps start takign steps in the right direction

BTW if anything is offensive - we as mods wait for you as members to point it out and then we can act

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by honest muz View Post
    I just wonder how the members would react to my proposal to show avatars of myself in the near-buff?
    This used to be my avatar, serious: http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/992/gacktxf3.jpg
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    says him with naked boobs under a racing harness lol.

perhaps start takign steps in the right direction

BTW if anything is offensive - we as mods wait for you as members to point it out and then we can act
    like i said, if you dont want to see avatars you dont have to. just like if you dont wanna see any of the 18+ girly threads you dont have to.... but just coz you might not want to see it dont ruin the fun for the others
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX
    LOL, Thanks guys. This so needs to be NSFW. -_-; Especially you, Arronng! LOL!
    ... [ About Me | My Blog ] ...

Honda Parts For Sale
    Check out the Listing

Member Array
    Car:
    91' S2 Prelude
    whats wrong with the display of women's breast and clevages? those stuff gets displayed on TV all the time advertising bras, undies and deoderants all the time?
    1989 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32.4 Bee*R wide-bodykit
    1991 Honda Prelude Si-4WS Series II
    2003 Honda Integra Luxury

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayani View Post
    LOL, Thanks guys. This so needs to be NSFW. -_-; Especially you, Arronng! LOL!
    That's why I linked it instead of using [IMG]. Hhahahah
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2