Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Try to stay away from EBC green if you can. DS2500 is good, but when cold they are just like stock. When warm, they are very good. But they might be a little squeaky. I use this thread for brake info: http://www.mrtperformance.com.au/for...36&whichpage=1
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by TypeG View Post
    endless SSS for track and street
    NAR is just nth
    hehe civiconboost knows what he's talking about, i was recommended to try NA-R by the Aussy distributor of endless (centrax) for street and ocassional track use. why did you decide to go for SSS instead and how do they hold up on the track? because i was considering those pads aswell

contact steven from centrax (http://www.centraxauto.com.au/). he was really helpful and took the time to answer my questions before and after i purchased my rotors. he should be able to recommend whats the best application from endless in regards to usage, your needs and budget.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F View Post
    hehe civiconboost knows what he's talking about, i was recommended to try NA-R by the Aussy distributor of endless (centrax) for street and ocassional track use. why did you decide to go for SSS instead and how do they hold up on the track? because i was considering those pads aswell
    I've tried SSS, NA-R, CC-X and Ferodo DS2500 on the track. I will rate them as NA-R > DS2500 > SSS. SSS will not survive under few hard braking on high speed.

Well... better leave it to centrax to explain since it depends how you use brakes and track conditions

Quote Originally Posted by spoondc2 View Post
    I've tried SSS, NA-R, CC-X and Ferodo DS2500 on the track. I will rate them as NA-R > DS2500 > SSS. SSS will not survive under few hard braking on high speed.

Well... better leave it to centrax to explain since it depends how you use brakes and track conditions
    Thanks for the input i think I'll just try NA-R because i like to be able to brake as hard as i like hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanracer.com View Post
    contact steven from centrax (http://www.centraxauto.com.au/). he was really helpful and took the time to answer my questions before and after i purchased my rotors. he should be able to recommend whats the best application from endless in regards to usage, your needs and budget.
    Best advice, altho i am pretty sure he will reccommend NA-R hehe

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by iced View Post
    plenty of stuff out there
    hawk hp plus
    ebc green stuff
    ferodo ds2500
    racebrakes rb74

these are higher end street/track pad.
    not dedicated track pad

EBC Green Stuff is rated less than what the factory DC5R's have on them. I use EBC Red Stuff. They are a ceramic fiber pad. Not a hint of fade at Queensland Raceway. But the factory front DC5R wheels do bake themselves to the hub. Always a bastard changing the semislicks off after a track day.
    [B]†ÎM؃Ÿ†Î†§(%)
    One To Pin DC5R (12PIN) 183.8kW@wheels of 2.15L TODA POWER
    60.97s @ QR Clubman on DZ03G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)
    58.54s @ Lakeside Raceway on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)
    59.03s @ QR Sprints on DZ02G Semis (Toda Powered K21.5)

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    If curise, it will be huge difference to change brake pad only compare to stock pad with std Rotor?
    Last edited by dyljoy; 21-02-2007 at 09:22 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    on my base i had tried both Endless VN8500 (Now called VN9500) and NA-R
    you can't fault the NA-R pads, but everything else in your brake system can't match it...
    you will still feel brake pedal softness and be prepared to buy new rotors if you are a heavy braker.

With NA-R i went through a a set of front discs (stock discs) and the second set didn't feel like it lasted very long before i had to get them machined again, this was with NA-R.

VN8500 is what I would use for better braking on the street and hardly go to the track. But they only good for a couple of laps before they start to fade (given everything else in your brake system is fine)

^ good advice there

I'm trying NA-R pads atm and they seem to be a very aggressive compound.They need some warming up before they bite properly but so far they've been great for spirited driving, keen to see how they go on the track.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Coupe VTi..
    Does anyone know the part number for the Endless SSS Pads for the AUDM DC5R..?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F View Post
    ^ good advice there

I'm trying NA-R pads atm and they seem to be a very aggressive compound.They need some warming up before they bite properly but so far they've been great for spirited driving, keen to see how they go on the track.
    That's why I prefer a partial adhesive pad like DS2500 over a full abrasive one like NA-R.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2