Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Euro or GTi ???

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeG View Post
    lol
    you read too much magazine man.... golf is just over-rated by those magazine.. tested drive once and I decided not to go for this little car....
    if it is rated as a performance vehicle, it is not that good while Euro is just a family 4 door sedan.
    It is more potential for modding, but how much are they? those mod are $$$$$ even compare to those JDM parts which does the same job.
    if you compare rx8,STI or EVO... golf wont even appear in the bottom of the list under 60k
    i work at vw and ive driven both an rx8 and a wrx. i also own a jap spec s15 and used to own an xr6 turbo. have also driven a euro before. the original poster wants to decide between a euro and a gti, not wrx etc etc.
    out of those 2 id go gti.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeyon View Post
    i work at vw and ive driven both an rx8 and a wrx. i also own a jap spec s15 and used to own an xr6 turbo. have also driven a euro before. the original poster wants to decide between a euro and a gti, not wrx etc etc.
    out of those 2 id go gti.
    I think we all started referring to other cars because you said that the GTi was the "best sportscar for 06 under $60000".

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    GTI is the WORST sports car under$60000

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMVTEC View Post
    No it's not.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    it was voted bestsports car under 60000, didnt mean it was the only sportscar under 60000

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post
    I think we all started referring to other cars because you said that the GTi was the "best sportscar for 06 under $60000".
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeyon View Post
    yea golf gti auto is faster then the manual and does 0-100 in 6.9 seconds. what does a euro do? not to mention the golf gti does that time stock. its also turbo so more potential for modding.forgot to mention the gti is priced at 44k on the road, significantly less then $60k yet still came out on top over cars such as the wrx and evo, as voted by nrma and wheels
    i just refer to this as you said gti is better than those super cars. Also, i dun really care what u drove before but the fact that any of these performance cars PWN golf.
    Last edited by TypeG; 25-02-2007 at 08:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMVTEC View Post
    this may stand if the condition is more than $40k && less then $60k

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type-R 02
    the golf is a hatchback that costs an arm and a leg and I´m quite sure that those of you that have tried owning a vw and have your head out in the sun and not up in you xxx, know that the maintenance of those pieces is unbelievably high.

so if you have to choose between a car that sits on top of reliability surveys all around the world, is considerably better equipped and is maybe slower by 0.1seconds 0-100, 1/4". or a small hatchback that has to bare the name vw, comes equipped with almost nothing compared to the euro lux(well it comes with seat upholstery that was stolen from your grandparents sofa) costs an arm and a leg to buy and maintain, which would you then choose?

and I must say that it says more then a little about a person if it looks at the stats and still goes with the piece of?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type-R 02
    and then trying to compare it to cars like the evo, sti and rx-8, man you have to be kidding me.
    from what german magasine did that survey come from?
    Last edited by h1coupe; 25-02-2007 at 09:13 PM.

If you are going to done good tuning on gti you must change turbo, piston kit, exaust, ECU change and some litle things. His turbo is way too small for some serius performance, and quallity isnt good as honda parts.
    You will spent about some 8000$ on gti to have 300+ hp car. Then you have accord for the same tuning price you can get 350+ hp car. Accord have better serius tuning potential then gti.
    In my country big tuners dont even look gti for some serius tuning. It is a over priced car whith poor potential of tuning.
    Yes you can buy some chip for gti and get CAI and you will have 240 hp, but whats after?
    Its all what you looking for. If you wana do some small mods, gti is a good choice, but if you wana bit of luxury and some serius tuning, k24 engine is the right way. And quallity of honda is much beter than golf.
    Your money, your choice

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    If you want to be different.. get a VW GTi... won't know till you try..

personally.. i don't think it's worth the value.. esp if you want to load it up with options.. last i did that when the car came out it seemed to have calculated it to be around 52K ... rrp of course..
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

cvetko111, as far as i know tuning the accords k24 to 350hp is going to take a hell of a lot more than 8k... the cheapest tunable ecu option atm is about $3k all up and then add a good I/H/E is $2.5k and you might get something like 200hp atw. It only gets more expensive from here on in.

Turbo cars are always going to offer better bang for the buck than an NA car if your purely looking at horsepower figures.

The gti is a great little car, if i was getting a hatch it's probably what I'd buy.