Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am due for a new air filter and am wondering would a KN panel filter help the acceleration in low revs?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffa_cree View Post
    I am due for a new air filter and am wondering would a KN panel filter help the acceleration in low revs?
    Even a new Honda OEM panel filter would help acceleration in low revs if your current filter is blocked.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

OK. I am looking at getting some headers in hope that it will give me so better low down torque. I am looking at getting the XForce 4-2-1 headers from the sponsor Racing Nation. I realise that 4-2-1 configurations give better low to mid end torque than 4-1 but at what revs would the improvement come in?

Am i optimistic in hoping that the xforce 4-2-1 headers will give more toque around the 2000-5000rpm. I rarely hit VTEC so i would want all the improvement to come in below 5000rpm, preferably the lower rpm range the better.

So are the xforce 4-2-1 headers any good?

I already have a Mugen twinloop catback exhaust, so would there be any improvement as well in getting a high flow cat as well?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You get what you pay for. And Xforce are cheap headers.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    You get what you pay for. And Xforce are cheap headers.
    I understand that phrase but will it not make any difference in low down torque? Not enough to warrant the cost involved?

i kinda used to have that problem too , until i got my breating mods, i/h/e...

anywayz, just heal and toe into first gear, then take off . :P thats what do

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Prelude VTi-R
    If you want low down torque, then you are going to want to keep the stock headers and air filter.

The only way to improve low down torque on the H22A without a rebuild, and without changing camshafts and mucking with ECU tuning and what not - is to buy a Type S air intake.

I have one and it noticeably improved the low-down torque. That said, you still need to rev it to go anywhere - but it does pull that little bit more from 1500RPM or so to make it feel like there is actually something there.

I found that prior to the Type S intake, I'd need to be ~3000RPM to go anywhere... after the Type S intake, it is more like ~2500RPM - 500RPM might not sound like much, but it is that little bit that makes the difference at those very low speeds.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    im kinda thinking u should also be runnning better fuel. u dont want to be rebuilding a h22 unless u have to. just run 98, dont skimp

Member Array
    Car:
    12.46@112mph H2
    If you compare the gear ratio & FD on the H22A boxes to say that of a B16A or B18C type R box, you will see the gearing on the b16a/b18c are a lot closer together with the help of a bigger FD. You notice this when you change from 2nd to 3rd the rev's drop considerably. Somewhere about almost 3000rpms... These motors make max torque at about 5000-5500 rpm, Honda has built the box to keep these engines within this power band to give it more of a smoother ride but at the same time keep the car usable torque without having to rev it too much. But i must admit they were a bit conservative. If you want more response, go for a lightened flywheel as the stock H one is quite heavy.. An upgrade to a 4.62 FD for the H box would be pretty good also.

This is where the idea of doing a H2B on civics/integras make it so attractive.
    Formerlly modproject