Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX

6.2 sec... my (&*^&%^%

I can't believe it... My very old 1990 CRX SiR has 1.6L Vtec with 120KW.... surly Honda could get 190KW from a 2.0L in 2007 ??????

I certainly don't believe that it can do the 0-100 in 6.2 sec.... no way.. not at 1250Kg's or so....

Come'on honda get you act together and get on top of the HP pile again... like honda was back in 1990...

Maybe we will have to wait for the new CRX before honda release a decent engine again...

Regs Mark...

PS: Still love my (OLD) CRX's....

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury 5AT05
    Well it looks pretty bloody good in black.
    http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/review...spx?model=1567
    It may not have the power of the MPS3 but looks like an awesome package all up. I wonder what insurance will peg it at.

EDIT:
    Another good review
    http://cars.uk.msn.com/Reviews/artic...mentid=2704690
    They're quoting the driver experience over performance as the main attraction.
    Last edited by Aratahu; 04-03-2007 at 06:07 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
    I can't believe it... My very old 1990 CRX SiR has 1.6L Vtec with 120KW.... surly Honda could get 190KW from a 2.0L in 2007 ??????

I certainly don't believe that it can do the 0-100 in 6.2 sec.... no way.. not at 1250Kg's or so....

Come'on honda get you act together and get on top of the HP pile again... like honda was back in 1990...

Maybe we will have to wait for the new CRX before honda release a decent engine again...

Regs Mark...

They can do it if you are willing to pay around 60k for the CTR. Are you?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX

Why 60K ???

Where did you get that from... you would think in 15 years of technology they would be able to get at least 190KW froma 2.0L engine... with out having to pay 60k for it....

Look at the MPS3... yeah a turbo... but still... honda would be lucky to sell any of them in OZ....

People want performance AND looks... not just LOOKS and no go...
    Last edited by Mark B; 04-03-2007 at 06:18 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Where did you get that from... you would think in 15 years of technology they would be able to get at least 190KW froma 2.0L engine... with out having to pay 60k for it....

Look at the MPS3... yeah a turbo... but still... honda would be lucky to sell any of in OZ....

remember we got so many emission restriction on cars these days. to get 190kw or close from a 2L stock ummmm im thinking impossible

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe

Look at the MPS3... yeah a turbo... but still... honda would be lucky to sell any of them in OZ....

Tell me how much was your 1990 CRX when brand new back then? Then factor in inflation and tell me how much it costs now. Then include the value of luxury items that are not in your CRX.

If Honda decided to put a turbo into their Type R, then they would get 190kW easy too.
    Last edited by aaronng; 04-03-2007 at 06:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead

the k20 is a decent engine. they just need to put it in a lighter car

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    From what the reviews say, seems honda doesnt want to and need to increase the power output...unless its a JDM model
    Honda the power of wet dreams

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by industrie View Post
    From what the reviews say, seems honda doesnt want to and need to increase the power output...unless its a JDM model
    There is a limit to how many hp/litre that you can get out of an NA engine if you want to meet emission requirements.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT

Regs Mark...

Where did 6.2 sec come from? I believe the claimed figure is 6.6 in a body of 1301kg. There is nothing wrong with the power figures, I think the weight is the problem. And Honda is not alone - even the Golf GTI is 1340kg and don't ask about the Astra Turbo as it weighs even more than the Euro. The trouble is people expect everything these days standard in all cars - a quiet cabin, VSA, air-con, airbags everywhere and reinforced doors for impact protection etc. Weight of vehicles has increased dramatically compared to even just 10 years ago.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    The trouble is people expect everything these days standard in all cars - a quiet cabin, VSA, air-con, airbags everywhere and reinforced doors for impact protection etc. Weight of vehicles has increased dramatically compared to even just 10 years ago.
    which is where i believe honda has gone down the wrong path a little, Type R's should still be without all this crap. all these softc**ks wanting a performance car that feels like a luxury car inside

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    but ppl standards go up and what used to be a option , now they see it as a requirement. honda needs to put those gadgets in to meet / surpass ppl's standards to keep the competition happening.

dont think ppl would be very keen on buying a type R with say 180kw of power but no technology.