Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc5 R :D
    Quote Originally Posted by sivic View Post
    thats pretty average humidity. not high. as for track temp you want it fairly high - good for grip. the air temp that night was about 20 C.

i was watching you run. can defiantely improve launches as seen by the 60'.
    frankly with that mph and et while still having a 2.5" 60 foot, you can definately get into 13's.
    u did go...did u run as well or ??

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    i've always been under the impression humidity is bad.
    Basically more water molecules in a given volume of air - these displace oxygen which is required for combustion. more spark is no good if you don't have the oxygen to fuel the fire.
    since water is not a reactant in the combustion process its wasting space. less combusation = less power.

so i'm going to stick with humidity = bad lol.

X8TEENX - yeah i was there, although was only watching. theres definately more potential in your car. keep it up, i wanna see 13's hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    thats really good man. just wondering, what 1/4 mile time is a stock DC5R capable of?

Member Array
    Car:
    sivic: hopefully i can step into 13'

2002_TeGgY: would be low 15' or high 14' depend of the driver

Member Array
    Car:
    what 60' does people usually did on urs dc5r??i found that my front engine mount might crack,will that affect my time slips???

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Sivic your missing the point. The water helps prevent DETONATION so you can run more advance without detonation more advance = more power. Try goggling water injection to learn what it's about. I think you haven't done any tuning at the track or you would already know High humidity is GOOD for times.
    hmmm, just came back to this. I don't think i am missing the point.
    theres a difference between having water injection as a constant factor in the tune of your engine and rocking up to the track on a day with high humidity.
    i doubt X8TEENX's car is tuned based on high humidity. If a car isn't tuned for such advanced ignition based upon the presence of water then its going to suffer when it runs in conditions more humid than tuned for.
    It's all well and good saying 'oh you can just advance the ignition because of the humidity' but thats not going to happen if tuning at the track is not an option.
    as for ignition advancement = more power - yes, to an extent. i believe there was a thread a while back about this.

anyway,with luck we'll see some improved times coming from X8TEENX's car soon, althought it's too dang hot over here this week

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    don't think heat affects NA car all that much...with turbo car the difference is like day and night...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    yeah, on an average night there is no point in racing to win as you could be paired up with a 17 second car or a 10 second car, so PB are the only thing worth focusing on at the weekly meets.
    As for tuning at the track - of course it can be done but the average person taking their daily driver down to see how it runs isn't going to go to those lengths. They're just down there to see how their car runs as is.
    remember we aren't discussing a racing team and their drag car

let me know when you go again x8teenx.. i mite have to see if i can beat ur PB

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    im going down on wednesday if anyone else is keen.

wish i can go but would rather spend my $40.00 on drinks this weekend post up ur timeslip please

Member Array
    Car:
    toromo night will be ur show matt