Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    You heard bad things happened to cars at your uni? Yet, you left your DC2R in the car park, with the red key in it, and no insurance?

Good luck with your exams.

Quote Originally Posted by wil View Post
    doesn't it take while to get the seats off?
    Depends if you sit in the car having a wank. Otherwise, it's 43 seconds including scratching your ass. 4 bolts per seat.
    Last edited by shebangs; 02-03-2007 at 06:17 PM.
    #

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    man sorry to hear that... u shouldnt leave the key in the car u know.... and u shouldnt leave a nice dc2r out in the open either =(

i have a 94 vti-r teg (which means no imprinting in the key) and my key sux (bare bit of metal), is there any way of getting an uncut honda key for these? do the newer ones fit?

Mac Uni eh... that place must be getting worse. When I had my S14 whilst studying there someone did a hit & run. No note, no nothing!
    If you have to park there. Park in corner with your mates. You might have to get to uni a bit earlier but hey at least your car might be safer. Just an idea for you...

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC View Post
    I'm with NRMA & it looks like my excellent condition DC2R is going to be a write off as well . I've had it since new, last of the 2001 batch so its dissappointing. F..k.n thieves!
    if you like your car and it is in good condition why not just get insurance to buy you a set of bride seats or something thats a bit cheaper than genuine ones.
    i haven;t been in the situaution but im sure i you kept demanding that they replace the seats they will eventually just replace them. at the end of the day you do pay the premium so you do have a bit of leverage with them.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    seat covers great idea.

I'm getting my trimmer to make up a bit of black fabric w/ elastic band so I could slip it over to cover the "steal me" recaro logo on my non OE SR3 seat. Might even get letters embroiled onto it so ppl think it's a Saas or Autotechnica cheapie.

I'm also looking into getting those bolts replaced with lockout type if they make it in that size, otherwise tamper proof torx head bolts/torx/allen key in that preference order would be a lot better than the 12mm bolts in the car atm.

I've seen a few ITR where the insurance companies replace them with the SR sport poverty pack seat where you can buy for $999 from Recaro agents. Basically the same seat but with cheap and nasty fabrics.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    are you getting those made up in Perth? who's doing them and can i get a set?

Member Array
    Car:
    Camry
    oh crapp.. i'm getting MOTHER F*CKEN PARANOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    Parking a DC2R anywhere is bad!! I'm always super paranoid about mofo's fugging with my car!

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    insurance would probably write off your car instead of replacing seats if u had comprehensive
    haha

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Stolen Recaros in DC2/5 = write off

Dude change your keys and transponder asap. Whoever has your red key can get a black one made up. If they ever see your car again, they can just start it and drive away!

I go to Macq Uni & park my car there. I'm getting really really scared now. Oddly, I have never heard of these things happening. I'm scared to bring my dc5 to uni, might stick some seat covers on them & debadge the type r logos just in case.

Member Array
    Car:
    Camry
    Quote Originally Posted by redteggie View Post
    I go to Macq Uni & park my car there. I'm getting really really scared now. Oddly, I have never heard of these things happening. I'm scared to bring my dc5 to uni, might stick some seat covers on them & debadge the type r logos just in case.
    haha you wont do that