Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 + EK
    how many times have you left and come back now?

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    This topic is not about bashing/flaming the Thread Starter.....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7 ACCORD TURBO VTEC
    I SUPPOSE IT DEPENDS ON YOUR TATES I GOT A ACCORD I PUT VTEC IN IT AND TURBOED IT AND I ONLY WANTED TO DO IT TO AN ACCORD, I STILL GOT A STOCK F22A NON VTEC BOX AND IT TAKES A VTEC MOTOR 15 PSI BOOST AND 100PSI NOS AND HASENT COMPLAINED ONCE, THEY ARE A VERY UNDER RATED MODDERS CAR!!!!
    im here for a good time not a long time

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 Modded V6-L
    Quote Originally Posted by moreboost View Post
    I SUPPOSE IT DEPENDS ON YOUR TATES I GOT A ACCORD I PUT VTEC IN IT AND TURBOED IT AND I ONLY WANTED TO DO IT TO AN ACCORD, I STILL GOT A STOCK F22A NON VTEC BOX AND IT TAKES A VTEC MOTOR 15 PSI BOOST AND 100PSI NOS AND HASENT COMPLAINED ONCE, THEY ARE A VERY UNDER RATED MODDERS CAR!!!!

Yeah, I have to agree... the Honda Engine IMP is perhaps the most reliable... very efficient and responds extremely well to mods!!! I LOVE IT!
    Variable Timing Electronic Control

Accord = Family Car

So generally its families buying it, you get a few quirks like Aaronng and Eurodude that buy Euros but general families buy them for practicality not to make them perform. Common sense...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 VTi
    just wish i could just chuck in a turbo kit like *snap* that........ =\

hey pedah gimmie yours?

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeee? hehehe

Member Array
    Car:
    heavier shells compared to eg's,dc's
    why turbo a 4 dr when you can turbo a 2 dr, its lighter.

the accord has a bigger engine bay and turbo would probably be easier cause theres more space. people after an accord are after luxury and space, not performance.

like someone has mentioned, the states have full of turbo'd hondas.

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7 ACCORD TURBO VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Accord = Family Car

So generally its families buying it, you get a few quirks like Aaronng and Eurodude that buy Euros but general families buy them for practicality not to make them perform. Common sense...

you are just close minded * if it has 4 doors its a family car* well thats not the case!! what about v8 supercars there 4 doors or rx8 it has 4 doors, there are plenty of "sports cars" out there with 4 doors, i got one that will beat most cars on the road but i dont class it as a family car, ive put over $40g's into it, you just got to open your mind and see the potential in a car for a car, not for how big it is or how many doors its got
    im here for a good time not a long time

moreboost, go out there and look around, tell me how many Accords are modded and not used as a family car, then compare it to those that are then argue more. The Accord Euro is a sporty FAMILY CAR! The Accord isn't sporty imo, just an upper class family car.

Where did I say about 4 doors mate? I said the Accord is family car because thats what its classed as by everyone. Look properly before you go quoting
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 10-03-2007 at 01:50 PM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 + EK
    Quote Originally Posted by moreboost View Post
    you are just close minded * if it has 4 doors its a family car* well thats not the case!! what about v8 supercars there 4 doors or rx8 it has 4 doors, there are plenty of "sports cars" out there with 4 doors, i got one that will beat most cars on the road but i dont class it as a family car, ive put over $40g's into it, you just got to open your mind and see the potential in a car for a car, not for how big it is or how many doors its got

Lol you've just compared an accord with a rotary pwered car with suicide doors and a V8 supecar, that probably shares 0.5% of parts with a normal falcon/commodore.

Perhaps you should think about the logic of what you're saying.

Look at the STOCK performance figures for any accord in Australia ever released and tell me why it should be classed as a sports car, not a family/luxury car.

Look at who they market Accords towards. Do you think it's sports car drivers?

Just becuase you've spent "over $40gs" into it does not make every accord out there a sports car, does it?

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    ^

everything about the accord is focussed as a family car so thats wat it was marketed as.

imo, if sum1 wants to go all out and build a really fast one or even jus do sum mild mods, good for them. still doesent change the fact it was not originally built/designed for performance.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by poid View Post
    speak for yourself, i want luxury, space and performance

owners of civic's and teg's will never understand, there is just something about the accord that makes you love the things once you have owned one.

BTW a heavier car just means you have an excuse for wanting more power
    hehehe nicely said pete well in my mind of course the accord is a family car but maybe some guys might just wanna build a HSV contender since honda hasnt really done so in australia. Well i wouldnt diss the accord without owning one before. cause after you have owned one you'll understand that the only thing to complete such a well made car is power.
    plus driving an accord would feel more like a man's car then a civic.