Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 243132333435 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro
    Had 20k/1 year (Ive only done 10k though...) service this week.

06 5AT standard btw.

Filled up with Vortex 98 for the first time (always use shell or bp) and drove back from the Gold Coast to Brisbane.

Previously I've got about 6.8-7.2l/100km on the highway on various trips.

This time, 5.6l/100km!!! This was with the aircon off, but that's insane.

I could not believe it. I didnt even pump my tires up LOL.

I hope this translates at least in part to my usual city driving. I've only gotten about 12.5l/100km since the car was new in city driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro manual
    You Row it might be worth repeating that run to be absolutely sure as those figures are better than a diesel car of around 2 litres. Usually diesel gets 1/3 more out of their fuel.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    The Honda New Zealand web site has some good additional fuel consumption figures worth noting. Low 6s on the highway are definately achievable.

http://www.honda.co.nz/site/environ/...nsumption.html

Hondas in NZ have this sort of labelling (this is from the Civic Hybrid). On the Auckland-Taupo-Auckland test the Euro got 6.49 in the manual and 6.53 in the Auto. I still can't believe they get a Mugen model from Honda there.

Last edited by yfin; 11-03-2007 at 03:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Opposite of what I just found.
    Just did a run to Sydney and back from the Gold Coast using Vortex 95 on the way returning 7.0L/100k, but the return trip used Vortex 98 and only did 7.6L/100k.
    Both runs had the same load, driver only, no aircon.

All I can think of is the return trip was uphill..........lol
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro
    Ok so you guys are saying you don't believe me.
    If only I could take a photo to show you.
    I will point out that the trip was along the M1 at 100-110km/hr then 80km/hr for the last few kms and that I did no overtaking and had an average speed of 96km/hr. There are few if any hills on this route and with four lanes the whole way there is pretty much no need to brake or overtake.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by YouRow View Post
    Ok so you guys are saying you don't believe me.
    If only I could take a photo to show you.
    I will point out that the trip was along the M1 at 100-110km/hr then 80km/hr for the last few kms and that I did no overtaking and had an average speed of 96km/hr. There are few if any hills on this route and with four lanes the whole way there is pretty much no need to brake or overtake.
    I didn't say I don't believe you. Did you achieve that figure over the whole tank or just Gold Coast to Brisbane? It really isn't a long way though is it? I remember that drive being well under 100kms.

Try and get under 6 over a full tank - that would be impressive.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro
    Not over the whole tank, just GC to Brisbane. The trip I did involved about 100kms and the ambient temperature was about 30 degrees which was also interesting.

Previously I've done Brisbane to Hervey Bay return and got 6.8l/100km with the air-conditioning on the whole way. That trip also included some fun winding bends and hills between Kingaroy and Maryborough at 80-100km/hr. I refilled the tank at 730kms.

What I'm saying is that the conditions you drive in play a massive part in consumption. I have read comments on this forum of people who claim the difference just in air-con on or off is up to 1l/100km. Now the trip I did from GC to Brisbane is basically ideal conditions so by my calculations its entirely plausible to repeat this kind of consumption.

When I get the chance I will hopefully be able to repeat the test and will let you know how I go.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Adagio View Post
    You Row it might be worth repeating that run to be absolutely sure as those figures are better than a diesel car of around 2 litres. Usually diesel gets 1/3 more out of their fuel.
    I believe him. I got 6.5L/100km with the aircon on all the way when I drove from Melb to Sydney. And that was including a few redline runs to keep the engine happy. Mine being a manual would have shorter gear ratios than his auto too.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by YouRow View Post
    Not over the whole tank, just GC to Brisbane. The trip I did involved about 100kms and the ambient temperature was about 30 degrees which was also interesting.
    Although I believe your numbers, don't rely on the fuel consumption meter alone as it is pretty optimistic. Instead, calculate by filling up to a full tank and dividing the number of litres put in by the hundreds on kms driven.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro
    Too true re manually working it out. The figures I quoted for the other trips like hervey bay were all worked out by refilling at the end and doing the math. I will check when I next fill up how it compares to the reading (wont be able to fill at the same servo pump though).

The other thing I was going to mention is the day I picked up the car new I drove from the dealership to Toowoomba and back the next day. The car averaged 7.2l/100km (with a mid trip low of 6.9) with the air-con on. Now with 10000km on the clock I would expect the consumption to have improved.

Didn't quite expect it to be this good but who's complaining?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It is that good.

But, you ran your engine in on the highway!?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Adagio View Post
    Adagio you are correct in saying diesels can be very economical and are in general much better than a petrol Euro. The world record is held by a Peugeot 307 that got something like 3.5l/100km!!! Driving around Australia.

I'm hardly challenging any records here. As I said my consumption was achieved driving in a straight line on a flat smooth road at a constant speed.

Vehicles like the 307 are able to do it in a variety of conditions, mainly thanks to the torque at low revs they have. They deal with hills a lot better than the Euro when crusing at 100km/hr.

Either way, I'm tempted to plan a run of my own (not quite round Australia) perhaps Brisbane to Sydney or something.