Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury

Gear shift knob opinions

Hi is there a gear shift knob anyone can recommend that feels and looks good? I'm am leaning towards the Momo Combat Leather/Chrome.

Also does the stock gear shift knob come off easily? I have a 03 Euro.

Thanks in advance

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Luxury 7th Gen
    can i just add how do u take the oem gear knob out?
    it doesnt seem to want to spin out.
    2004 7th Gen CL9 Black Euro Luxury Accord 6MT

yellow top D34 optima battery. front and rear euroR badge. mugen bodykit. black lonsdale boxing mini-gloves. lime air freshner. rockford fosgate decal. snoopy head rests.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro manual
    I once read that the weight and balance of a gear shift knob is calculated when cars are designed, perhaps not Trabants and Wartburgs. So choose carefully as Honda may have spent some time making the standard knob as pleasant as it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    Personally, I always found the OEM knob to be very lightweight -- probably the lightest of any car I've had (heaviest was probably my TF Magna). A hefty gearknob can certainly assist in smooth gear changes.

However -- and I think a few people have noticed this -- extra pressure (like leaning) can result in a little grinding feeling through the stick, so a REALLY heavy knob might not be good and might result in mild wear and tear on the gears.

There seem to be plenty of people out there with Momo knobs on their Euros or TSXs -- so you should be fine.

I haven't removed mine, but I presume it should just unscrew...

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    it unscrews pretty easily, just have to unclip the leather part from the knob by twisting.

Ive replaced mine with a Skunk2 knob, pretty heavy.
    Shifts feel nice
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Luxury 7th Gen
    aiight ill try and give it another go. lol.
    2004 7th Gen CL9 Black Euro Luxury Accord 6MT

yellow top D34 optima battery. front and rear euroR badge. mugen bodykit. black lonsdale boxing mini-gloves. lime air freshner. rockford fosgate decal. snoopy head rests.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You pull the leather part downwards (don't pull the black plastic ring part below the knob). The leather is cable-tied to a white plastic clip. After pulling down, you just unscrew the knob anti-clockwise. Then you hold the leather part, pull upwards carefully. The square plastic trim around the boot is held in by 4 clips, 1 at each corner.

And, yes, a heavier knob is better than the stock knob. In the US, TSX gets a 1/2 metal 1/2 leather knob. Our knob is leather + plastic and is pathetic in my opinion.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    I have a Skunk2 knob as well. But purchased a DC5 knob kit as they include a finisher that makes it look better for the surround/leather boot..my opnion anyway...
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    I like heavy shift knobs that way you can just flick between gears easier and just throw from one gear to another will less effort...
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    just be carefull when you do change the knob that you don't accidently replace it with one that has shaved back wheels and throws up at every gear change.

where did the gear knob thread with photos went??

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    hmmm well im lookin at gettin a new shift gear knob...

what do these skunk ones look like ?