Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz

When does u guy change the CVT transmission oil

When does u guy change the CVT transmission oil?

on 40,000kms?
    or 80,000kms? (in the driver manual say change it on 80,000kms)
    Last edited by true; 18-03-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    dealers do them at 80,000km if you want it done any earlier you can always pay a bit more and get it done at say 40,000km or so.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Cannondale Rush 4
    I change them every 40K kms....

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    i change it every 3rd oil change
    so every 15000kms

Every 4th oil change so every 20,000km. Good luck with being able to drive the car waiting for every 80K.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    C&J
    why u guys do it so early ??

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    coz cvt's are shit.
    gota look after them. i reccomend u change at every 40..
    book says change 80k, but at our dealer we change every 40.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    my jazz has done 40k, i create it thread because the dealer said cvt oil change every 80k, i don't have to change that in that moment, however my jazz is not that smooth at the speed at about 10km/h, the dealer finally suggest me to change the cvt oil, after the oil been change my jazz is running very smooth at any speed & gear.

so as vividjazz said "Good luck with being able to drive the car waiting for every 80K"

last week i went to chadstone honda dealer want to ask for oil change they told me now they have a new gear oil for CVT, however they ask for too much so that i ask for buy the new CVT oil, but they told me the new cvt oil no sell for public.
    Last edited by true; 30-03-2007 at 02:02 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz GLi CVT
    Quote Originally Posted by true View Post
    my jazz has done 40k, i create it thread because the dealer said cvt oil change every 80k, i don't have to change that in that moment, however my jazz is not that smooth at the speed at about 10km/h, the dealer finally suggest me to change the cvt oil, after the oil been change my jazz is running very smooth at any speed & gear.

so as vividjazz said "Good luck with being able to drive the car waiting for every 80K"

last week i went to chadstone honda dealer want to ask for oil change they told me now they have a new gear oil for CVT, however they ask for too much so that i ask for buy the new CVT oil, but they told me the new cvt oil no sell for public.
    Go ask another dealer. What a load of rubbish that they don't sell you new CVT oil. I bought mine (in QLD though) 4L for around $81. Don't believe them. Go to the spares dept & ask directly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    i have changed that at another dealer (the one i done the 40k service b4) for $85, that is a special price the guy said he won't do that price anymore. they changed the oil & reset the computer, he told me that the ECU have to be reset after cvt oil change (i don't know why)

I changed at 40,000km as Honda Thailand recommend but I plan to change at 20,000km instead after I run on my car over 50,000km cause I tend to use 7 speeds mode quite a lot.

Hope this post help!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz GLi CVT
    Quote Originally Posted by true View Post
    i have changed that at another dealer (the one i done the 40k service b4) for $85, that is a special price the guy said he won't do that price anymore. they changed the oil & reset the computer, he told me that the ECU have to be reset after cvt oil change (i don't know why)
    That's about right. The CVT specific oil here cost $81/4L - and here (a particular QLD Honda parts shop) you can walk up to the counter and buy, I guess as many cans as you need. The service manual did not mention the need to reset the ECU/CVT for oil changes, I'm unsure why it is necessary. Unless power is cut to the ECU during the procedure, which is again, unnecessary.

The only reason I can think of is: they do a reset of ECU to recalibrate the CVT, seeing that you are getting a fresh amount of oil, which presumably changes the smoothness of gear/belt transition. It is like saying to CVT: hey, you got a fresh oil now, calibrate yourself to this new, fluidy stuff. Just my 2 cents...