Thread: Noise levels

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz

Noise levels

My Jazz seems to be a bit noisier than the Jazz I hired from the dealer during servicing. Why is this? Do I need to change CVT oil?

My car revs the same and there are no vibrations etc when it is idle. Just while driving, it is a bit noisy. Would wheel alignment do the trick?

How much would dealers charge just to change the CVT fluid?
    Check out this website for loads of second hand textbooks (free to join and no commission).

www.textbookexchange.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    what kind of noise?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    The whole car just seems more noisy than the hire car. No particular type of noise. Just engine noise.
    Check out this website for loads of second hand textbooks (free to join and no commission).

www.textbookexchange.com.au

With dynamat throughout the Jazz its whisper quiet.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yep buy some dynamat (eBay has some) and place it inside the door panels and under the firewall carpet (if possible in the jazz).

Also different Tyre models can cause noise, so if you have changed your tyres to another brand/model, they may have been louder than the stock tyres.

A Wheel balance and alignment may help but I doubt it will help much unless the wheels are out a fair bit.

Too much Tyre Pressure can also cause road noise. Ensure the tyre pressures are at their recommended PSI

Was the Engine the same in both Jazz's? The 1.5L might be a bit louder compared to the 1.3L
    .© ♪

Any Jazz with the dreadful factory Yokohama Aspecs will be noisy as well as having no grip dry or wet.