Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Looking to buy Euro

Euro Luxury - Value proposition...

I'm interested in purchasing a new Euro Luxury and am pleased to have found this forum, which provides a lot of real-life opinion on the car's pro's and cons.

I've test-driven (Brisbane) the Euro Luxury automatic, sat-nav and formed a pretty positive opinion of it:- apparently well-built, comfortable, good performance and handling, great features/inclusions and sizeable enought to get 2 kids - 10 & 6 y.o in the back without complaint. It feels like a luxury car...

The only negatives (for me) are that there's no ipod connectivity, even as an option, and bluetooth is only available if there's no sat-nav (wtf?)

Additionally, the sound system is not particularly impressive - but then my other car is a Lexus RX350 with the Mark Levinson system, so perhaps I'm being overly criticial here.

All round, it seems like an excellent buy at under $50k on the road.

What is surprising to me is the number of posts in the forum citing the Lux version as poor value or similar. I suspect a lot of these comments are from younger drivers who may not be able to stretch to the Lux financially, or don't put much value on the "extras" over the standard car.

By any rational comparison, the Lux is excellent value for money, particularly when compared against the likes of the 320i, A4, C200k etc.

I've driven all of these, and the Euro Lux is as well-built, drives as well as, or better than each of them, kills them on standard features and is significantly less expensive. The only thing the others have going for them over the Euro is the badge/brand/presige thing. I'm over that.

i've also looked at the Mazda6, but just don't like the interior, particularly the shiny centre console and weird ventilation layout. I love the Lexus IS250 too, but there's just "no" room in the back seat - not even enough for my 10yo son to sit comfortably and no headroom (plus its $70k)

Whist my heart says "buy the 320i" the rational part of me knows that the Euro is a much better buy.

I'll probably get the Euro Lux with SatNav in the next week or so, and perhaps throw $4-5k on the sound system -and a rear-seat dvd system for the kids. Then it'll be the car I want

I guess this makes the standard Euro superb value in comparison, but it just doesn't have the features that I, as a 40ish family guy, want in a medium size car:- electric leather seats, hids/xenons/ satnav etc...

Lastly, I just don't "get" the whole "mod" thing - why buy cheap and spend squillions modifying something. Why not just buy something that (mechanically) fits your needs in the first place?

Any other general opinions - and/or advice on the sound/dvd stuff?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord Euro Lux!
    For value for money you can't go wrong.

I Just upgraded from a 04 base model Euro to a 07 Euro Lux last Thursday. Before making the trade for a 07 Euro Lux Compared it to a Bimmer 320.

For me in every aspect I think its better from road handling to even build quality.

BMW I personally find dont have the quailty levels until you by a 5 Series unless you go for a M3 & BMW only backs its own product by only 2 years if I am not mistaken.

Sure the Euro does not have a fantasic sound system but hay look at all the other feature it offers!

If you intend to keep the car for the long Haul go for a Lux you wont be dissapointed.

I can say for sure that the Lux is "The Power of Dreams for Me' !!
    MY2007 Acura TSX Lux 5AT

Addtions:

Interior LED Lighting / Tinted Windows / Ipod Dension Ice > Link Plus / Reverse parking Sensors/ Silver Dash Trim/ Acura TSX emblems

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    Ive got a Euro Luxury, Value for money wise taking build quality into account i cant think of any car that is near as good value.

My uncles got a 320i with quite a few options bringing it to around $70k, ive driven it a number of times and personally didnt find it overally nice, build quality was average and i generally am not impressed especially when comparing to a car thats at Least $20,000 cheaper! (Euro)

The standard sound system in the euro is ok, its nothing special but if your not going to be "cranking" it, it does the job alright

As you mentioned your willing to upgrade the sound system, its easy enough to do and can give big improvements
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by malfunction99 View Post
    Lastly, I just don't "get" the whole "mod" thing - why buy cheap and spend squillions modifying something. Why not just buy something that (mechanically) fits your needs in the first place?

Any other general opinions - and/or advice on the sound/dvd stuff?

Thanks
    People modify car's for various reasons. Sure it might be better off to save the money spent on modifying your car to get a better car BUT then the car would be stock standard, just like everyone elses. Whereas if you're modifying it, it becomes personalised to your tastes. So essentially you'll become more satisfied with it. Lets take your sitatuation as an example, the sound system in the Euro is up to standard and hence you're interested in upgrading it as well as adding in a DVD system for you children. This might not be a performance modification but it's still a modification. For a quality system you'd probably be looking at spending at least $3000 on components alone (exlcuding installation or DVD system, that'd push it up to 5000 or more). So with that 5000 you could use that to get a different car (albeit probably 2nd hand if it was to meet your criteria of a better sound system as well as dvd), in this case you're modifying your car so that it meets your requirements.

Since the Euro (along with a fair bit of modern day cars) has a headunit which is integrated, it's not a simple matter of just purchasing a headunit. First option is a Line Out Converter or LOC, LOC's allow you to keep the factory headunit but add amplifiers for speakers and subwoofers. LOC's range from about $30 up to $1000 for more advanced ones, one thing to keep in mind is that with an LOC you are still using a the factory headunit as the main source. If the headunit is providing a poor signal then that it what will get converted by the LOC, this is where the more expensive options come into play as they will balance and clean the signal so that it'll soudn clearer and have less distortion. Cheaper LOC's are Navone or Alpines, then you have the more expensive and ellaborate one such as the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty and JL Audio CleanSweep.

An alternative to getting an LOC is purchasing a complete new headunit, there are dash kits available which allow you to either replace the actually headunit (along with the HVAC controls) or just the centre storage compartment under the headunit. Personally i think the kit which replaces the actually headunit and climate controls looks like completely crap (not to mention expensive at $499). The replacement kit for the lower storage box looks much better and is much cheaper as well but the drawback is that you lose actually usage of the storage box since it will house a headunit.

Replacement for the lower storage box:

Actual image of the kit and headunit in the car

Fitting a double din into the storage area (taken from this thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ght=euro+audio )

Complete dash replacement kit:

http://www.ryda.com.au/Aerpro-Accord...p/fp997864.htm
    Last edited by Fr3aKi3; 19-03-2007 at 11:48 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8-CRV-Euro
    I would consider the Legend if you're thinking of getting a 320i.

The lexus is very small and not suitable for families. We have a Euro-L at the moment and can comfortably fit two baby seats in it! Definitely good value for money.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    get the IS250

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    To connect your iPod, you can buy a cradle that plugs straight into the Honda head unit's CD Changer port. Search ozhonda for "IceLink"

The euro's sound system is actually not bad for a stock setup, but if you want decent clarity and volume, you'll wanna get some 6" components at the front and maybe replace the rear 6x9's with decent 6x9's (drop-in) or 6.5"s (adapter) running of an amplifier, and a subwoofer if u want bass
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffske View Post
    get the IS250
    obviously you did not real the original post...he has kids...the is250 cannot fit kids in the back that well...its smaller than the euro cabin...

if you want a car that fits kids and is decent the euro or aurion would be the go
    Honda the power of wet dreams

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    EURO LUX is good valued car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Looking to buy Euro
    Thanks everyone - I didn't expect to see so may replies so quickly

F3aki3 - I take your point about mods. I was more referring to the go-faster school of mods than audio. I "may" be restricted in what I can do with the stereo, as I gather its integrated with the sat-nav. Good speakers will be a start.

nexace - the Legend looks good but is more than I really want to pay. As this will be our 2nd car, I'm limited to about $50-60k max. Wife will kill me if I spend more.

jeffske - being a Lexus RX350 owner, my dealer let me borrow the IS250 (prestige) overnight. I loved pretty much everything about it, except for the following:
    1. Even with the driver's seat at its lowest, my head (I'm 180cm) was just grazing the headlining. Unusual. The sunroof seems to steal quite a bit of room

2. The seats are both electric and cooled/air-conned. Nice. However the motors/aircon are under the seat, and the rear base of the seat is blocked-off. ie- if you're sitting in the back, you can't get your feet under the driver's seat. With me in an ideal (except for point 1) position, my 10yo son couldn't even get his feet "straight" in the back - he had to sat with his feet splayed outward. Amputation not an option.

Taken together, the headroom and rear-seat issues were a deal-killer. I loved everything else about the car. A big plus was that it had the same satnav and stereo as our RX350 - which has taken my dimbulb of a spouse 8 months to come to even a basic level of comfort with. When I get in the RX, generally I'll find the radio tuned to an AM station, speaking swahili and the satnav wants me to go to Perth rather than the local shopping centre....

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    euro luxury is good for price compare to bmw 320i or lexus is250. i drive luxury euro, before this thinking for is250, but i stay with honda

[QUOTE=Fr3aKi3;1106290]

Replacement for the lower storage box:

Fitting a double din into the storage area (taken from this thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ght=euro+audio )

I wonder is there any facia / replacement with the wood grain (style)..?

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8-CRV-Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by malfunction99 View Post
    nexace - the Legend looks good but is more than I really want to pay. As this will be our 2nd car, I'm limited to about $50-60k max. Wife will kill me if I spend more.
    Ahhh... fair enough. I was confusing it with the 323i.

But in this case, I can't recommend the Honda enough. I'm not sure about your wife, but my wife doesn't like having one European car and one Japanese car due to the wipe/indicator stalks being on opposite sides. It's not difficult, but sometimes annoying.

And I think the BMW is a little underpowered for a family of 4