Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux

Intake Manifold Installation

hi Guys,

I'm looking at purchasing a Skunk2 Pro Manifold and Fuel Rail. Just wondering how difficult it is to install, couldnt find any DIY's or walkthroughs to go by. I was just thinking that it would be alot cheaper to do it myself, may cost up to $300 to get them installed.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    a bicycle lol
    we'll ive got a skunk 2 intake manifold .. took me a like 6 hours to do lol.. d.i.y.. so im guessin u have a vtir.. i do too.. and it involved blockin off a hole on the thermostat housing around there and the one near ur top hose, also there was acouple of hoses u needed to modify/change.. and got a longer accelerator cable cause it was too short and made my own bracket. + make sure when u take out the manifold and throttle body try not to ripp the gasket or else u would have to buy another one.. u can try not to ripp it by sprayin carby cleaner then use a black to seperate it form the head

I used the stock cable stay, problem is that you will need to remove the strut brace until you make up a new cable stay that will fit.

Other than that it was dead easy, just get some extra vaccum lines...
    The only difficult bit was trying to get the stock manifold off, you need rubber arms and hands to get the IM bracket off.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    Thanks guys, ive read the walkthrough it seems moderately easy. I still might get a price off my mechanic. Probebly wont cost that much just to get him to do it. I might just leave it aside and gather up alot of mods then just get them installed all at once then tuned.

So far I have planned......ITR Valve Train (cant really afford Skunk2 lol), Skunk2 IM & Fuel Rail (When there available), Injen CAI and some sort of exhaust system probebly skunk2.

Thanks.
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRX
    have you received your injen intake as of yet ?