Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra DC5S

Jazz Fuel usesage dometer

Hi guys, does your fuel useage dometer (Ltr/100km) goes up and down depends on your driving condition? Does it changes often or very slowly and whats the average on yours? Just bought the jazz so i dont know how it works, mine started at 10.9ltr/100km and currently staying 7.9ltr/100km. It changes very slowly, not consistant like the ones in the BMW 3 series, just wondering is this normal?

Member Array
    Car:
    X
    Normal.....
    I love bombs and explosions they are my business.... and business is good.

Intellectually "challenged" EXPERTS gotta lovem

GO IDF Kicking butt since 1949 !!

Take the number of kilometers you've done and divide it by how much fuel you fill up with and you'll find its a lot more accurate. The longer you leave the dometer without reseting it the more accurate it can become because it makes the calculation based on a greater distance / average.

To show how inaccurate it is fill up you car, reset it and then sit stationary with the engine running for 5 minutes and watch the number keep going up. Mine went up over 20ltr/100km putting a 6ltr V8 to shame.

Feul consumption depends on the condition that you drive your honda Jazz. Based on my driving condition in Thailand, the normal rate was 13.8 to 14.5 km/L (Driving in Bangkok, half of Toll way and normal road facing some part of traffic jam and didnt kick down or use 7 speeds mode. Drive at 90 km/h).

Another case, I drove to other city around 300km from Bangkok (capital city of Thailand) the fuel consumption was around 11.9- 12.5 km/L at speed around 120km/h sometime increase to 140km/h.

I think Honda Jazz is tend to save fuel when you use in the city at speed not over 100km/h but the rate tend to decrease when you drive over 120km/h cause REV tend to rev higher than other car when drive at the same speed.

My Jazz condition

Honda Jazz I-dsi 1.5L
    Autometic transmission
    50,000km on odo meter
    Wheel : 195/55/R15
    Engine : Bone Stock
    Suspension : Tein S tech spring

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2 Honda
    woah... your jazz drinks lots of petrol...

My car does 9.3L/100KM on my everyday ride, from home to work and to the city sometimes... But when driving up to the country side, it'll do 7.4L/100KM (staying on 5th gear) oh forgot to mention I tend to keep the RPM at over 3000RPM
    My car only done 25000KM on the dot... at the moment running on 15" with not that many mods- header, extractor, pulley, intake and exhaust... But I was comparing with a friend's of mine, his' one doing 7.6L/100KM on everyday ride... Same mods but he dont have the pulley though he have a bpipe...

But anyway... the Jazz definitely cheaper to run than my civic and the R8

:: EG B18C :: OTO Krew ::

What the hell? I thought the rated fuel consumption for these cars were like 6L/100k or something? Whats with people getting 7-9? Thats pretty abnormal unless ur thrashing ur car. With my civic i get about 6.6L/100 on average if i drive economic and they rated it 7.3L/100

Member Array
    Car:
    Former Jazz
    When I did my own calculations my jazz had a mileage of 6.6 - 6.8L /100km.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3
    Quote Originally Posted by UBH320 View Post
    woah... your jazz drinks lots of petrol...

My car does 9.3L/100KM on my everyday ride, from home to work and to the city sometimes... But when driving up to the country side, it'll do 7.4L/100KM (staying on 5th gear) oh forgot to mention I tend to keep the RPM at over 3000RPM
    My car only done 25000KM on the dot... at the moment running on 15" with not that many mods- header, extractor, pulley, intake and exhaust... But I was comparing with a friend's of mine, his' one doing 7.6L/100KM on everyday ride... Same mods but he dont have the pulley though he have a bpipe...

But anyway... the Jazz definitely cheaper to run than my civic and the R8
    lol thats what you get for being a drag slut haha jk

i never get past 7.4 and i got the same mods as you + bpipe
    i average 6.5 most of the time, must be my smooth driving

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2 Honda
    Yeah... not to mention I have my full audio system + my heavy foot... ptech all the way from home to work LOL... just last night managed to get down to 8.0L/100KM after a lap to Mt Danddy hahaha - was running 100RON though...

Last week I also did managed to get 490KM out of the full tank... I wasnt being a drag slut...

:: EG B18C :: OTO Krew ::

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTi-S
    I'm getting around 7.0/100km

I haven't been for my 1000km service yet though.. goin in this week haha XD
    '07 JAZZ VTI-S NIGHTHAWK BLACK

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    the fuel usage meter in the Jazz gives an average...
    the system on the BMW has two functions...
    one is an active reading, depending on how much you step on the throttle, and there's also an average reading.

im guessing most of u have aftermarket rims or something

stock steelies with vti, gets about 6.2 - 6.5 or something.

bigger rims will make a BIG diff. BIG! especially with a low torque car like the jazz.