Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    OK Locote if $$$ is all you're concerned about, my Spoon P30 ECU with VTEC controller module (all in perfect condition with original instructions) was ~$XXX AUD... you happy ??

and as for excise duty, I paid $120 AUD in total for a set of Cusco coilovers, a full exhaust and much much more.. ... ... .. .
    Last edited by VT3C; 10-04-2007 at 10:28 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    None.. yet.
    My orignal statement

"The only experience here is handing over wads of cash.... If that amounts to tuning experience.... Then there should be more good tuners out there by your calculations."

That is my point and i have mentioned this point 3 times now.

So again locote.

Possibly reading might save you having to look like a "fool"

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    wads of cash is $ to but to me wads of cash is $$$$$...
    ONCE AGAIN WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME AND MY CARS????

Too you both!!!!

How does me and my cars bother you????

Ill continue to Spend $$ on my car and ill continue to post!!!
    so in reality this solved nothing

PS i never implied i was a tuner lol at you once again JOSH...
    Yeah i tune my car...
    Last edited by locote; 10-04-2007 at 12:46 AM.
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Member Array
    Car:
    None.. yet.
    in conclusion.

Point1: Tuning knowledge is not a by product of Wasting money.
    Point2: Your ability to rapidly waste money does not = tuning experience (please referance point1)
    Point3: This was the only true point of the above posts.
    Point4: Your ability to understand a collection of logical points is On the closer side to Nil and hence you missed point1 numerous times.

In conclusion:Possibly reading might save you having to look like a "fool"

This was fun. ( This is the end for me and i will not post again to this topic)

Good night. Fool

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    LOL in conclusion i spent less on my GSi and still ran a quikker time thatn you..
    And thats why ur dark with me...
    Or im just a better driver???
    LOL ill spend as much $$ on what ever the F*&K i want!!!!
    U wanna be a cheap ass thats your problem...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    Quote Originally Posted by locote View Post
    wads of cash is $ to but to me wads of cash is $$$$$...
    ONCE AGAIN WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME AND MY CARS????

Too you both!!!!

How does me and my cars bother you????

Ill continue to Spend $$ on my car and ill continue to post!!!
    so in reality this solved nothing

PS i never implied i was a tuner lol at you once again JOSH...
    Yeah i tune my car...
    ANSWER PLEASE

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    ill reply tomorow.. ur too slow to reply cant be bothered

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    night mr angry man

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    Dont listen to VT3C he thinks he knows all but he doesnt know much..
    He claims theres no competent tuners here in WA...
    Well theres many workshops that have built and tune N/A and F/I hondas in WA..
    Cypher: B20vtec civic
    Xspeed: turbo vtir teg
    Speedworks: B16a turbo EG
    Ovaboost: My turbo setup and a turbo ITR

So when he tells u theres no tuners in WA, well thats his excuse to make him self feel better about his purchase..

As for mikeyas He installs a 4-1 custom made unproven header into his GSi B18B with a 3inch collector (smart man hey), then claims it makes good gains when he is trying to sell it..

I wouldnt take any advice from some one who only spends $370 to tune their pride and joy..
    370 wouldnt even get u a vafc.
    let alone tune it..

Quote Originally Posted by VT3C View Post
    LOL Locote you dont get it. and you obviously will never get it. I dont know what you're trying to prove on here and every other honda-related forum in the universe but NOBODY CARES !

and ginggangghoolieghoolie you yavnt met locote in person.. and if you call 'experience' paying workshops to do all your work and all of this within a 12 month timeframe.. all based on whatever is the latest internet-trends etc well then Locote is truely experienced.. or is his name *brian* ??

if you encourage having mis-led individuals post technical advice on this forum then that's great but I just hope the newbys arent mislead by the good-ol' Fast'n'Furious attitude that we see in this thread and in many others.

*sigh*
    Ahyes.
    Don't you think that statement was a tad presumptious?
    I've met and spoken to locote on numerous occaisions. Yes, thats right peanut. Don't let the truth get in the way of any of your posts though.

To think- all this time i've wasted on hondatas.
    I should have gone out and got a plug and pray spoon chip.
    Seriously, what kind of turkey goes and starts to build a motor, goes to the trouble of spending money on various mods to go and mess it all up by using a map burned by god knows who, for god knows what combination.

I better run out and tell pete and terry conroy to go and get a spoon-chipped-ecu for their production cars.

So in summary, you've paid up for an aftermaket ECU solution that uses more fuel and made less power than stock. Fark'n brilliant mate, and you're evangelising this???

Sounds to me like you're just trying to justify your silly purchasing decision.

Any tuner worth his salt with an programmable ecu, a wideband O2 sensor and a dyno will deliver good gains over stock. Gains from idle to cut-out, while also improving fruel economy. I've seen this time and time again from cars tuned by a whole swag of different workshops.
    Last edited by ginganggooly; 10-04-2007 at 10:18 AM.
    And so it begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyas View Post
    OK so X tuner has no experience in hondas and the program. HE has a starting advantage over joe average now and you are now going to pay him to learn on your car. The point is he doesnt know how to tune the car to its best setting/s.

And so he must learn... Learning takes time and in the tuners case, now time = money

if it was with his own money then go ahead, but whats the bet you are going to pay for his "learning time"
    If the end-user doesn't mind being ripped off by a tuner, then it is their prerogative to use that tuner. This doesn't change the point i was making, programmable ECU's are better and more fexible than these best guess chipped ECU's.

Aside from this, my observations of the tuners I've dealt with and know, is that they do not charge you to learn to tune an ECU. i.e, you pay for the normal dyno tune- $500-$1000 or whatever the going rate is from that workshop, and they sit there and learn how to program the ECU.
    Some workshops will even give you a discount when they're using a platform for the first time. Hi-Comp is a good example of this; since it was the first time they'd used the platform, they tuned Blitz's civic w/ PFC for a very competitive amount.
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Jeebus Locote - you promised you'd shut the fk up after I told you how much my ECU cost and you have just ranted on and on.. looks like you were up all night ranting even with nobody to give you a reply LOL.. *aww how cute little locote ranted himself to sleep on his keyboard*

Dont listen to VT3C he thinks he knows all but he doesnt know much..
    He claims theres no competent tuners here in WA...
    Well theres many workshops that have built and tune N/A and F/I hondas in WA..
    Cypher: B20vtec civic
    Xspeed: turbo vtir teg
    Speedworks: B16a turbo EG
    Ovaboost: My turbo setup and a turbo ITR

LMFAO ! yet more proof of your ignorance naivity and imaturity LOCOTE you FOOL !

3/4 of the tuning shops you mentioned and the examples you gave are TUBOS (LMFAO!!!) and those (Turbo cars) are questionable at best for example YOUR piece of shit that runs barely quicker N/A bwahahah.

FYI i dont care about turbo honda's - they excite me about as much as VL commodores and the owners seem to have the same mentality also.

As for mikeyas He installs a 4-1 custom made unproven header into his GSi B18B with a 3inch collector (smart man hey), then claims it makes good gains when he is trying to sell it..
    That header WAS questionalbe as it had no 'X-Force' brands on it (LOL) but man there was absolutely no doubt in the HUGE gains it made when we tested it out. so Once again you're posting with no knowledge of the facts LOL.

ANSWER PLEASE
    I told you how much my SPOON ECU was so now you're meant to shut the fk up as promised. and I dont do things demanded by little piss-ant's like yourself.

LOL in conclusion i spent less on my GSi and still ran a quikker time thatn you..
    And thats why ur dark with me...
    Or im just a better driver???
    LOL ill spend as much $$ on what ever the F*&K i want!!!!
    U wanna be a cheap ass thats your problem...
    once again you're measuring everything by your timeslips LMFAO !

you need to learn how to read bro and get out from behind your keyboard.

Just because your VTEChnique membership was declined as a result of your HOON behaviour on public roads (etc) as show on the streets and your poor attitude as shown on these and every other honda forum in the universe is no reason to get personal, but nice try for a little turd.

ill reply tomorow.. ur too slow to reply cant be bothered
    no you see some people have lives other than internet forums and waiting in line at the the motorplex in a hawt'n'nsexy GSi. some of us have better things to do than sit in front of our computer getting flustered all night.. perhaps you should take a course in english comprehension 101 so that you can go back and re-read our posts in order to make sense and not make yourself look like such and idiot..

Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly View Post
    If the end-user doesn't mind being ripped off by a tuner, then it is their prerogative to use that tuner.
    you're dang right there.. Locote take note..

IThis doesn't change the point i was making, programmable ECU's are better and more fexible than these best guess chipped ECU's.
    I'll refer you BACK to my post on PAGE ONE.. you obviously have some problems with english comprehension also:

...so in essence, a fully tunable ECU is the best approach to take only if you have a cmpetant tuner. and you must reaslise fixed-state ECU's are not meant for ultimate power gains etc. they are a balanced tune of reliability, improved tourque nad the other features listed above - usually designed for track use NOT how-big-is-your-penis max HP gains.

...you've paid up for an aftermaket ECU solution that uses more fuel and made less power than stock. Fark'n brilliant mate, and you're evangelising this???
    I refer you to my previous posts yet again:

yeah agreed, but I did say that a programmable ECU is the best option IF YOU HAVE A TUNER YOU CAN TRUST LOCALLY..

..If you DO get a fixed-tune ECU, i would recommend that you got to your local dyno and have the Air-Fuel ratios checked. you mainly dont want to be running lean, and if it's too rich you'll lose power and serves no usefull purpose.
    The spoon ECU I am running nw is actually my second chipped ECU. the first was on my SOHC VTEC and was an unknown origin chip. The butt-dyno(TM) told me there was great mid range gains.. when we dyno tested the ECU vs stock ECU the stock ECU actually had 1Kw more peak power, however the Chipped ECU had much more mid-range power and torque. If you're up for a penis-measuremeant contenst then that'd mean that the stock ECU is your best option, but if you off to the track, i think the chipped version would be your friend.
    Once again you've failed to read and comprehend my posts.. the spoon ECU is my 2nd chipped ecu.. and the 1st one was FREE.. so i havnt wasted any money IMO.