Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly View Post
    how much power is yours making grumpy??

i remember reading somewhere on ozhonda that it was around the 130kw region... is that about right?

if so, my edumacated guess is that the gen 2 crx running a very similar time and terminal speed probably has a similar output...

given the law of diminishing returns... it is my internet expert opinion that there is more than a little truth in the "shitload" comment from online
    10sec crx vs 12 sec crx... it's a world of difference.
    Yes thats right, about 130kw. Our car is probably a bit lighter than the HiPower CRX so they might have a bit more, say 140kw. But the Online boys would have to be making over 180kw (~250hp) with theirs. Remember I'm talking at the wheels figures here.

I wonder how close I am.....
    Last edited by grumpy rooster; 11-04-2007 at 11:10 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    I guess people who spent a heap of moeny on there cars dont want to embrass themselves when they run a crap time down the 1/4 mile. I know for a fact that our stock b18c7 motor with bolt-ons was much quicker than a built engine from a well-known workshop. Some people are mostly all talk and no action. Just because they spent more money than some of us, doesnt necessarily mean they are quicker than you. Our timeslips talks for itself.

I know how you feel when you beat someone and they say their car is built for track. Its all jsut bulshit.. haha There jsut too gutless to admit a loss.

Our cars are not specifically built for straight line, we are more into circuit racing. But hey, we still get out there and put down respectable times just to prove a point. And yes, our cars are daily driven.

amen....

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 - Fastest F
    cmon boys stop bickering.. no point to prove ourselves just help the boy choose the right cams for his car..

havent put our crx on the dyno yet.. but hey who gives a shit.. our b20 is N.A. using JUN parts and it works so.. thats my experience if yur car makes more power or is faster using other cams or components just post it up and share..

the boy is not building a drag weapon, he is building something like the one600 CRX street driven everyday work car. which is why i share with him on my cam settings, and cams selection. if you dont agree with what i say then why dont you post up your ideas and your methods.. and the boy can choose which side of the coin he wants to listen too...

end of the day i use JUN CAMSHAFTS STAGE 3 and my everyday drive car does a 12.38 113mph with a slipping clutch and no slicks. NA.

btw check this out pretty accurate i think..
    http://www.zerotohundred.com/amf/amfcalculator.htm
    Last edited by Hipowerracing; 11-04-2007 at 11:52 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipowerracing View Post

This link is sweet as. I reckon the weight + MPH is about perfect.

Shows you how much difference just weight really does.

But i think the power reading is US hp so it's much higher than what anyone would get here.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    wow watta big thread...

cost differences the toda are more expensive...

yeh its my everyday car...

but i'd like to toughen the car up and give it some more power...

and ppl plz dont tell me to turbo it as i been told that so many times...

NA best !!!

sure it'll take me a while to save up, but i want the job done right... if im going to invest time and money i want to bring out the potential of my car... my cars handling is fantastic, just need to give it some more power and strength...

its not going to be the best car on the roads but its my car, doesnt matter if its a THE NA Powerhouse... end of the day... im always going to enjoy the car...
    Got an old Videogame console, handheld, games and accessories. PM me! I want them

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipowerracing View Post
    nice: I entered in my old civic.

Horsepower Results - 1/4 Mile Method

Your Honda Civic weighs about 2570 pounds and can complete a 1/4 mile in about 14.16 seconds. That means that you've got about 178.91 HP at the wheels, and about 232.58 HP at the flywheel.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Toda Spec C's

For the comments on the driveability of Spec C's, I'm not sure how many of you who commented have actually used Spec C's and not just rely on hear say.

I'm using Spec C's and have no issue with both idling and driveability. The car pulls pretty smoothly from idle, has really good midrange. Even though the hi cam comes in later (7500rpm -I rev till 9 so it gives me another 1500rpm), the engine makes good power all the way for its class. Overall, I'm happy with the performance and driveability for a 1.6.

The only caveat is, the heads need to be built well with matching parts.
    The work was done at Toda Australia.

I've driven an LS/Vtec running c's. I thought the bottom end was pretty healthy, quite similar to my b18c with itr cams. When it hit vtec at 7x00rpm- hoo boy... weapon.
    And so it begins...

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by e240 View Post
    For the comments on the driveability of Spec C's, I'm not sure how many of you who commented have actually used Spec C's and not just rely on hear say.

I'm using Spec C's and have no issue with both idling and driveability. The car pulls pretty smoothly from idle, has really good midrange. Even though the hi cam comes in later (7500rpm -I rev till 9 so it gives me another 1500rpm), the engine makes good power all the way for its class. Overall, I'm happy with the performance and driveability for a 1.6.

The only caveat is, the heads need to be built well with matching parts.
    The work was done at Toda Australia.
    Just out of curiosity, how much kw did u gain from your headwork from Toda?

Have you ran your car down the 1/4? This is just for comparison

The gain wasn't so much in Peak power, so I don't think the kw figure would
    answer anything rather create more arguments. Needless to say, its a good figure for a 1.6.

Never done quarter miles.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    wakefield then?
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG

Here we goooooooo