Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c

2nd to 3rd Gear synchro question again..

Ive used redline MTF now in my box for a month and the problem is still persisting..

Should i just hold off buying shockproof oil and wait till it carcks it completely then recon it..

Or do u guys that have come up with similar problem think i should buy redline heavy chock proof and give it a go (RED STUFF)????
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    why are you using redline ??? gearbox oil should best be kept with OEM honda....i know cos i have had a few friends ruining their gearbox using redline.

Quote Originally Posted by EK4R View Post
    why are you using redline ??? gearbox oil should best be kept with OEM honda....i know cos i have had a few friends ruining their gearbox using redline.
    not if you crunch synchros all the time man,i know a few people crunch gear with oem one and all good with after market one.

Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    im starting to have the similar problems now on my B16A Cable tranny, ive got BLUE STUFF Redline, might try RED STUFF or OEM one at a time and see how it goes..

it only started after having the blue stuff in after 9months ..so it works at the beginning... hmmm

let me know locote of your findings man! id be keen on the fix!
    ------------------------------------------------
    EGK20A - CIVIC Sleeper stylez

I serviced my car over the weekend and used Redline lightweight Shockproof - blue stuff.. My gearbox (ITR box) definitely feels so much better, all gears go in smoothly regardless of what RPM i shift.
    Prior to changing the oil, it was pretty notchy, and shifting from 3rd to 4th gear above 3000rpm would crunch the gear real bad, i use to avoid it by going from 3rd to 5th...
    Now i can shift from 3rd to 4th at 7000rpm and it slides in pefectly. I've only been using it for a couple of days, but i have nothing but praises for the product.
    Will have to give it a few more weeks to see if there are any negative effects. So far so good tho, well worth the investment.
    www.groundupgarage.com

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    ill try the blue stuff on weekend.
    thanks for input

Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    Quote Originally Posted by ctn View Post
    Try this stuff.

http://www.gccorp.com.au/automotive/...products_id=74

Better than Redline and Motul.
    where in sydney can you get this shiet? what shops sells them?

have u personall try the oil?
    ------------------------------------------------
    EGK20A - CIVIC Sleeper stylez

You can get it from GCCorp. Talk to Gerard.

They are located inside the PAR building in Minto. I'm sure you've heard of PAR gearsets.

I'm using the Neo Platinum gear oil in my gearbox that has a clutch lsd and the engine oil. The oils are ****ing awesome.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    using red line red oil now feels lot beter..
    takes a very savage gear change into 3rd to make the synchro fail..

redline oil much better than mtf imo

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Quote Originally Posted by EK4R View Post
    Exactly.
    Locote, I had exactly the same problem in my old car which is now [EK4R]'s car. I had installed a special set of GEARSPEED carbon coated synchros when i had my gearbox rebuilt and it fixed everything. Remember, clutches do wear out and its usually the gearbox that takes the brunt of it, hence the problems you have now.

So if i were you, get yourself a set of GEARSPEED carbon coated synchros from USA, have the box rebuilt and use Honda MTF only.

Redline doesnt work well with our B series boxes especially when you have these problems. Ive tested and used the stuff and had gone thru 3 boxes myself. I dont care who tells you otherwise.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!