Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    96 Civic Coupe & 01 200sx

CTR suspension Vs Tein Flex

Is there tein flex much much better than the CTR suspsension? coz the CTR suspension is quiet good and stiff.

just deciding either to go CTR suspension or th Tein Flex coilovers

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    well not too sure on the CTR sussy because i havent used it. but atleast flex gives you the ability to adjust height and damper settings?

im currently use HA on my civic and its pretty hard but i like it and really brings out the handling of the car.

i think flex is a little softer but a little harder than Tein SS. personally i would think flex would be the best of both daily and track driving.

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Tein Flex > Tein HA > CTR

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

I have been in a EG with both the tien HA and SS and found that a stock EK9 is abit firmer and prob handles a lil better...thats wat i think. Dont know bout the Flex though..
    Last edited by Trust-Me; 19-04-2007 at 02:16 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Im currently using CTR sussy...haven't used any coilover, but looking for one actually..

CTR sussy is pretty good for street use...It should be good enough for some street racing..but not for serious track use i reckon...So, i think it also very depends on what you want...but if you take the price as a consideration. CTR sussy may be a good choice...i got mine for 450 from JDMyard, and it statisfied me with this amount of $$..

If u r currently using stock sussy, and upgrade it to CTR sussy, it may help increasing ur speed to a certain level...but when u up to that level, it may not statify u anymore..and u will need something stiffer..That's what happened to me.

For coilover...as what i heard, Flex is more street..Mono Flex may be better, if you track often, but just a bit expensive..

just what i think anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    ekayfour
    was it be a direct swap from ek4 sussy to CTR? any modifications required?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek4
    no...Yonas did the converison for me in his garage with only two jacks...in 3 hrs...good on him..

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by aStRooo View Post
    was it be a direct swap from ek4 sussy to CTR? any modifications required?

Just change the CTR shocks/springs over. No modfication is needed.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    i have ctr shocks no springs if any one is interested?

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    i guess it comes down to price, and how much you want to spend. ctr is going to be cheaper than Tein flex. and would be fine for street driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    ep3r
    think about what driving you are going to be doing (ie think about what you want your car to be setup for)

if you want a full track warrior (not very compliant for streets) then pass the ek9 sus over and get some stiff as shit coilovers

if you want a cruiser/"touge" monster ek9 would probably work quite well too

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Flex is a good compromise for street and track. The only area where it doesn't do well is over sharp speed bumps.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2