Thread: Air con regas

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz GLi CVT

Air con regas

Hi. Recently, I notice my Jazz aircon is not as cold before and I suspect it requires regas. My questions are:

1. Where & how do you confirm if the gas is indeed low? Is there a "window" or indicator of this?

2. Anyone has a place where one can get a regas at a reasonable cost? Roughly how much would it be? I reside in Brisbane, QLD.

Thanks for your help.

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    Re gas is around $100 -/+
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz GLi CVT
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Re gas is around $100 -/+
    Thanks for the info. Do you recall the place where you can go to get this done?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz GLi CVT
    I found in the Jazz service manual the layout of the air con system. There is a thing called sight glass where one can peek into the flow of the air con gas. This glass is on the lower, left side, towards the front of the car.

However, I'm not sure how to check it - that is, with the air con running (cold), when the gas is sufficient, am I supposed to see bubbles or is it the other way round? I cannot recall how to read the indication for insufficient or low gas condition.

Thanks.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    you really shouldnt need regassing unless there is a leak somewhere in the system.

what aircon settings do you use? fresh or recirculate?
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz GLi CVT
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    you really shouldnt need regassing unless there is a leak somewhere in the system.

what aircon settings do you use? fresh or recirculate?
    Yes, you are right - I found after more testing that there appears to be the nothing wrong with the gas, there was no leaking but just the air-con unit is not as cold as before (my perception). All's good now. The air-con gas repair shops I called on the phone said usually there should be no leaks on relatively new air-con system (say up to 5 years) - unless there's a leak. They can perform a leak test free of charge and if it does leak, like you said, regas does nothing good, just wasting more money.

I use recirculate air for my air-con usually. Thanks.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    i just thought i'd ask coz some people use the fresh air setting when it's like 36c outside and they wonder why it's 'not as cold as it should be'
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan