Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto

Painting Brake Calipers (Brembo Style)

Hi
    I have the MY06 Euro Lux in Graphite Pearl with the new 17" wheel design and I was thinking that it might be nice to have the Disc Brake Calipers painted Red or maybe Blue sort of Brembo style.
    What do you all think about this idea? or Have any of you done it for your own cars? If yes what heat resisitant paint did you use? and how did you clean the calipers prior to painting?
    Thanks heaps.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro 6mt
    haha ive seen it done b4 i think theres a diy on this forum, not sure thou i think it looks okay but it will never be the same as having the real ones hehe =P

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    brake and caliper paint
    buy it from any auto shop like supercheap/repco/peps/autobarn

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    If you go to your local supercheap auto, repco, autobarn, etc, there should be brake cleaner products (ask at counter) and again ask at the counter to show you where the brake spray paint are (comes in a variety of colours). I'm sure high temp engine enamel can also work too.

Before applying the paint, you can use the brake cleaner or degreaser (make sure its not flammable) and scrub the caliper clean. Then mask anything off that you don't want to be painted and spray a couple layers of light coats until desired.

A proper job is by taking the caliper off etc. The colour you want to do also depends on the colour of your car. Red can suit all colours but graphite pearl I am not too sure. Try some photoshop before you go set forth on this task.

Quick link on the first page of DIY section without searching
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58199

Be aware however that you may run a risk in doing this mod - affecting the brakes performance if you don't mask off properly.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    We have a good list of DIY that you might want to start searching in regards to your query...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58199

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54729

EURO

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18558
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto

Thanks heaps

Hi there,
    Thanks heaps for the links to the DIY's. I'll have a look and see if I think it is worthwhile doing. I think maybe blue against the Graphite Pearl might be the go. Red is pretty common these days.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    go blue.. like spoon.. hot..

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Don't do it!IMO if you haven't got the real thing it looks crap.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    if do it, go get a one of those brembo cover, i m guessing it will look better than paintin it
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    I've done it to my EG, not euro.. I use red brembo colour.. I dont really care what, I dont want to be like brembo.. just make the same colour of my recaro... and I use VHT paint which is quite good.. smooth.. dont forget to smooth and clean the caliper really good.. and to buy the paint, autobarn a bit expensive... so I bought in Burson which is pretty good deal around..

Cheers..

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro "CL9"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Star View Post
    Hi there,
    Thanks heaps for the links to the DIY's. I'll have a look and see if I think it is worthwhile doing. I think maybe blue against the Graphite Pearl might be the go. Red is pretty common these days.
    Yap, Red is too common, I painted mine blue as well and my euro is also graphite.
    FS: 16" Euro OEM Wheels (set of 4) $800.00

Mods:
    17" Euro LUX OEM wheels / Pivot / DIY Ground Wire / Euro-R Body Kit / Tien Flex + EDFC / Cusco Strut brace / Whiteline Rear Swey Bar /

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by BusterSonic12 View Post
    if do it, go get a one of those brembo cover, i m guessing it will look better than paintin it
    Brembo covers??What are these Leon?