Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 Integra VTEC

V Power Racing Fuel

Just wanted to hear a few opinions about ppl running this fuel on dc2r.

I use to use Vortex but recently started using V-power which makes my dc2r run noticably more smooth and is also more responsive. Today though i gave V-power Racing a try and did not feel any difference in normal driving between this fuel and just the normal V-power.........but as soon as I hit Vtec, thas where you can see the difference between V-power and V-power racing........using V-power racing gave a whole new experience when hitting Vtec. I was not expecting such a great increase in pulling power just from this fuel!!

Any others tried the various fuels?? anyone come to the same conclusion as me, that vpower and vpower racing is same when u drive normally but vpower racing gives u extra pulling power when vtec kicks in?
    It doesn't matter where you are, but what direction your facing

http://www.trojanmotorsport.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    くろR
    i wouldn't be looking into that extra pulling power with v-power racing.... i heard that v-power racing aren't good for dc2r's... but correct me if im wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    "11 Civic TypeR
    My understanding was AU Integras are optimized for 95 fuel / 98 RON recommended - I don't see any further benefit from using higher grade petrol.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    they tuned for 95 which means 98 will only help it while the engine is under load (going up a hill etc...).

You will pretty much only get more power if the engine is tuned for 98 minimum or 100

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 + EK
    unless you tune your engine to run 100 RON fuel, there will be no gain, in some cases a slight loss of power as it burns slower, so go back to 98 or retune your ecu to suit the 1000 octane..

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i use it regularly, havent really noticed a huge differene, be it negative or positive, i dont drive my car much so i onl fill 10 bucks at a time usually to make sure the fuel is as fresh as possible

Member Array
    Car:
    1976 VW Kombi
    beware of ethanol in v power racing, on the honda website, ours werent on the recommended list for ethanol

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/conn...wners/Ethanol/

Other Honda vehicles were not designed or tested with E10 and therefore the long-term effects are not proven.

Ethanol contains less energy value than petrol. In theory, some loss of power and fuel economy (possibly 2-3%) may occur when using E10.
    InTEGRA TYPE R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 Integra VTEC
    cool.....seems like i'll just stick to Vpower then...not Vpower racing. That alone is better than vortex which I use to use anyways. I've heard that 5% ethanol is not enough to really effect your engine, even if it isn't rated to use ethanol, u need to have about 8% and over ethanol to actually effect engines that aren't rated for use with ethanol.
    But normal Vpower will do me just fine.....cheaper too!!
    It doesn't matter where you are, but what direction your facing

http://www.trojanmotorsport.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    the V Power racing is the old optimax extreme 100, contains ethanol which is no good for honda at all. i ran it once when it was first released and didnt realise until i got inside that it was an ethanol fuel.

i found it to be flat spotty, but every car is different and gets used to different fuels

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra vtir
    i use v-power and that only.. i dont go to caltex, mobile if desperate but only shell. i find my car is better on fuel and power wise is pretty consistant, going up hill still kicks in v-tec pretty decent... i never ever use unleaded!! my car is my baby and she only get the best

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    I get more Km's out of V-Power fuel but lose power and response, I much prefer the power that why i use BP ultimate. Go hard or go home
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Vortex98 is still the smoother than V-power for me. I found that BP ultimate and Mobil 8000 are the smoothest on my car. But with the 4 cents off, I just alternate between V-power and Vortex98.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2