Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude

very worried! please help!

my passenger side suspension squeaks quite abit when going over pretty much any and every bump. a do think its not to healthy. and it has got me a bit worried!
    any help would be great. cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    shocks gone? I haven't really got much experience with suspension but that's my first guess. Your car lowered on stock shocks?
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    shock might be dead.
    bushes might be worn.
    could be alot of possibilities really.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude
    ahh, no fun! that both take a fare bit of time and money.
    and as time = money not happy. can it get really dangerous if i leave it to long.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    of course it will be dangerous to leave it for too long. just get it checked and quote for repair. better safe than sorry

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    probably my rears have gone for ages and I haven't had too much trouble except it really pisses me off everytime I hit something uneven on the road so very harsh.
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    97 EK GLI 5 SPEED
    its probably your bushes needs replacing,

how old is your car??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude
    mm yeah, was thinking bushes. its a 92
    but now there is the same kind of squeak when i turn the steering wheel! WTF!?
    i only just had it in for a service! should i look into flushing and replacing PS fluid for that or is it something more dramatic?

and while looking at replacing my shocks. would it be cheaper for a spring and shock set up or a coilover setup? as i may as well get some nice ish ones on there and lower it a bit?

seems like everything is happening all at once and its all costing me a mint!
    im sooo run down! working my ass off to pay things as it is!
    so any help would be great cheers!
    Last edited by shortman_alan; 07-05-2007 at 10:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    alan sigh* didn't you know that is part of the joys of owning your own car? Should have asked them to check over your bushes and shit with the service and it must have been a real dodgy mechanic not to have reported bushes and leaking shocks. I think there are cheap aftermarket shocks cos honda ones will cost you at least an arm tell me how you go cos I'm due for shocks as well
    Why hello there

Shocks

I kind of have the same problem as you, but mine only squeak in the morning when the car is cold and has been sitting there for like a day.. But then when i start driving it goes away, it only squeaks in the front.. its probably worn shockies and ther whinging to be replaced.. Im thinking of getting second hand coilovers, cause new ones will cost a arm and a leg too.. Is it a good idea to go for user coilovers? any experience people?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude
    mmm i thought it went away when i started driving. but, turned my music down and sure enough. still squeaking like crazy! im really worried bout the fact that when i turn the wheel it squeaks!

and sorry shadou. seems like its gonna be a little while before i get anywhere on this problem! which again is a little scary! as i need to get the front bumper and lights replaced and thats gonna cost me a bit. so even when i get it back i need to save up some cash!

is there by any chance it could be anything other then the shocks. not to bad if its the bushes. but any other causes ppl can think of?

fingers crossed i dont die lol
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    CH9
    the flux capacitor probably has a small coolant leak or a dead short

nothing to worry about
    *** How JDM am I ? ***
    ███████████████████ 120% ████

There is no can't.... there is only won't.