Del Sol
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ds
    why does my '94 AUDM crx have a b16a in it then ? =p

-2ds
    Lol! Beat you to it

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    do'h my bad... but remember that was the 117kwt edition. they could have tuned it beter for the vtir. oh well.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SIKCVC
    do'h my bad... but remember that was the 117kwt edition. they could have tuned it beter for the vtir. oh well.
    can you imagine the confusion if they have have released a car that didn't take normal premium unleaded but only 98ron premium ?

-2ds

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatSol
    So even though it says in the manual and on the fuel door to only use premium, you're telling him to use normal unleaded? I don't get it. The B16A2 is a high comp motor, designed to run on 95 and above. Why would you bother putting in anything less?
    Im not telling him to use normal unleaded. I recomend premuim all the way for VTiR's.

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ds
    can you imagine the confusion if they have have released a car that didn't take normal premium unleaded but only 98ron premium ?

-2ds

hahaha Ummm that was my point. That people are too stupid to realise the difference and end up putting in the wrong stuff... I was saying that the whole time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Too stupid to realise the diffrence between two fuel bowsers that say "Unleaded" and "Premium"? Even when it says "Premium Only" on the fuel door? Would somone this stupid even be able to drive a car?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatSol
    Too stupid to realise the diffrence between two fuel bowsers that say "Unleaded" and "Premium"? Even when it says "Premium Only" on the fuel door? Would somone this stupid even be able to drive a car?

man Iv seen people try to pump super into a unleaded filler, ( funny to watch ) some poeple out there have NFI.

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    ECU-MAN is 100% right, theres some real ding dongs out there.

Theres seriously some idiots out there who would be like... yeah thats just a recomendation, its JUST petrol... not like it'll do any damage... what could go wrong. get what I'm saying?

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Quote Originally Posted by SIKCVC
    ECU-MAN is 100% right, theres some real ding dongs out there.

Theres seriously some idiots out there who would be like... yeah thats just a recomendation, its JUST petrol... not like it'll do any damage... what could go wrong. get what I'm saying?
    Lol, people like that *deserve* to have their engine blown up

Anyway, the answer is that the B16 will operate on standard unleaded with timing retarded by the knock sensor. For how long, who knows. The fact that the knock sensor is triggered means that the engine is knocking
    Last edited by PhatSol; 31-08-2004 at 10:45 PM.