Installing 6x9's

Has anyone tried putting 6x9's behind the rear trim where the stock 6" speakers go (in a DC2 integra)? Im thinking of doing it my self but just want to know if anyone has done it and how?
    Last edited by da spike; 15-05-2007 at 09:55 AM.

6x9's in DC2 behind rear trim

Anyone done this type of thing before?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4lyf
    u will have to modify the stock brackets to fit the 6x9s. they were only suited for 6". its probably a bitch cos the bracket is metal and u will have to some how cut it up and make new ones. other option = get decent setup with 6" speakers.
    CEE CEE DUB U

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    you will have to cut a fair bit of the plastic out and make new mounts for the 6x9's

IMO, i think you just should get good quality 6"s

alpine type S 6" co-axials are about 180 buxs and ive never had any problems with it..
    im glad you didnt put the sx lip AND that one on or itd be like yo dawg i herd you liek lips, so i put a lip on yo lip so you can lip while you lip

Member Array
    Car:
    type r
    why not jst mount them on the parcel tray

and than get 6.5" where u want to mount the 6x9

and get hectic front splits
    WTB - B16/18 HEAD

speakers

I didnt want to mount them in the parcel tray.. IMO it looks dodgy, cutting holes and stuff in the tray and the wiring is just ugly, and u cant take out the parcel when u want to.. I decided to go with the 6" 4ways in the rear-- they sound really good and good 6" splits with xovers in the front. Just a quick question where's the best place to fit the tweeter in the door? I want to make it sit inside the door a little so its kinda flush with the door.. if u know wat i mean.. any pics?

thanks