Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
    ultimate is cheaper and cleaner...i don't smell the exhuast fumes as much with BP Ultimate
    why even use optimax?
    I have noticed the exact same thing with my Type R. I am currently using Mobile 8000 but the exhause fumes are very strong especially in the morning. I didnt notice it much with Ultimate however i am still unsure of which fuels give me best performace vs milage. I am yet to try Vortex 98.
    Current holder of the Win folder.

Now taking people for lessons on how to win.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by didz View Post
    I have noticed the exact same thing with my Type R. I am currently using Mobile 8000 but the exhause fumes are very strong especially in the morning. I didnt notice it much with Ultimate however i am still unsure of which fuels give me best performace vs milage. I am yet to try Vortex 98.
    It's because your engine runs richer when it is warming up. And now it is winter, the cold engine means it runs rich for longer than in summer/spring/autumn.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2 Honda
    better fuel consumption when I use 98 or 100 ron... But that also depends how you drive your car...

:: EG B18C :: OTO Krew ::

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    My Jazz is slow, no matter what kind of fuel goes in. So I stick to the cheapest with a little injector cleaner every now and then.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVTi-S&AccordEuroSport
    Quote Originally Posted by fundies View Post
    My Jazz is slow, no matter what kind of fuel goes in. So I stick to the cheapest with a little injector cleaner every now and then.
    Becuase it is slow thats why need all the help it can get

No matter how quick or slow your car is your garenteed to get extra kms out of using 98+ ron. Question is is the extra few cents/litre worth the extra few kms/cleaness of the engine. I personally think it is.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2 Honda
    yep I would pay the extra cents for the +kms and cleaness of the engine...

:: EG B18C :: OTO Krew ::

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVTi-S&AccordEuroSport
    Then dose anyone use V'power or Vpower racing?

I use V Power only cause there's one on the way home from work for me. If there was a local BP I would rather that...

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintessentiaLs View Post
    No matter how quick or slow your car is your garenteed to get extra kms out of using 98+ ron. Question is is the extra few cents/litre worth the extra few kms/cleaness of the engine. I personally think it is.
    I personally disagree with this. Forgetting the no. of km's vs cost, from everything that I have read on the topic, the relatively small gain that you see in cleanliness vs cost is not worth it.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    I use Caltex Vortex 95 octane (as I lease my car and can't take it to any other fuel suppliers). Between the 95 and 98 Octane on Vortex I noticed no difference in performance the fuel economy was no better. So I have stuck to the 95 octane fuel. The 91 octane makes my engine more noisey. I get on average 500++ KM with city driving with the 95 octane. I own a VTI-S CVT as my daily driver.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.