urgent help: speedo meter ****ed

hey i own a d16a8 dohc crx...

today my speedometer decided to konk out... i had a quik check that the speedometer sensor didnt pop out of the transmission...

has anyone had this problem b4? or can give me advice on whats wrong with the speedo meter?

...how it happened... floor it a bit then slow down... speedometer went spastic...started jumping around...and then it dropped to zero...

any ideas ppl?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    your CRX should have a speedo cable.
    even though it apears to be in, it still may have poped out. put it this way if you pull on it from the gearbox end with out much effort and it comes out from the trans, then its not in correctly and that is your problem. lift the dust cover, remove the U clip inset the cable correctly and reinsert the clip and dust cover.
    if the above is not he case then you need to do some testing, remove your speedo cable from the gearbox housing, lift the dust cover and remove the U clip, lift the cable out. connect the cable end to a cordless drill and turn the drill and monitor the speedo. if your speedo doenst work spin the drill in the opposite direction.
    if the speedo works remove the housing for the speedo cable from the gearbox, ( 1 10mm bolt ) and check the gear. replace it if its worn or broken. if its ok, then the cable could have poped out from behind the dash at the back of the speedo. if it dindnt pop out anywear and all components are ok, then your speedo dial could be faulty.

mmm thank you... i will check the cable in the gearbox 2moros... but i dun think i even have a u clips =\

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    nice avatar kevin
    oh wrd!

JDM Array
    Car:
    Starlet ATM
    Same thing happed on my Civic and yeah the spedo cable snaped about half way, so take it out at the gearbox end and pull on it and if you end up with a bit of metal cable then thats the problem

mm tnaks for the tip...shall check it out some day...for the time being... i'm guessing my speed from my rpm lols

Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R
    yeah lols, crazy avatar

sdame thing happened to my new JDM rpm...however it went fine after a couple of hours ??