Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    u can use the itr injectors but u will need to change the injector plugs odbo plugs is different to obd2 plugs
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 VTI-R HB Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer View Post
    I know a standard B16A should have a fuel pressure reading of about 40psi(with vac disconnected) & a B18C should be roughly 50psi(with vac disconnected),I remember this from service manuals.

How are you prepared to provide verification that my claim is invalid?

I regret having to inform you that your memory alone is not a bible of factual information. if you wish for me to (further disprove you), barre you're already admitting that you cannot provide any independant proof of your self proclaimed 10psi difference. i will give you time to think about your next post, in that i hope you can source something to back your challenging claim of 10psi difference in the previously mentioned fpr standard operational form.

Just remember it was you who challenged me, not vice versa....
    Johnny B.

Representing DH-R All Day Everyday
    http://www.dh-racing.com/motors.html

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote EF B16A1 service manual
    "Pressure should be:
    240-279kPa(35-41psi)
    (with the regulator vacuum disconnected)"

Quote DC2 B18C service manual
    "Pressure should be:
    320-370kPa(47-54psi)
    (with the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose disconnected & pinched)"

(i dont know how to copy things from pdf's so u'll have to look at it yourself to verify)

Im not challenging u johnny,u will find if u read back a bit further Im actually defending my claim about using the B16 reg to begin with as opposed to the ITR reg.I could imagine the higher pressure reg messing with the economy & drivability of the stock ECU fuel maps.

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 VTI-R HB Civic
    Fair enough, even if we use these numbers you've provided. There's only a possibly difference of 6-13psi. I agree with you that it is (possible) that the b16a ecu may not be able to entirely diminish the possible extra 6-13psi. It is also possible that the difference may not have any effect on the economy whatsoever, especially with slightly hotter plugs good leads and free flowing exhaust. In fact, if anything, it would most likely require the additional 6-13psi to assist richening the mixtures with the additional airflow of the type r manifold. I personally had to use an adjustable fpr with my ITR typhoon.

Cheers,

PS. is that B18c figure for B18c-B18c-R?
    Johnny B.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    ok so i need the plugs too..

is it a basic replacement for plugs.. like 2 wire splice per plug?

and removal of the injector box
    and replace the fpr

and most of the time tunes lean factory maps.. so i would say more pressure would be a bad thing?

Dan, careful, removing resistor box isnt in regards to injectors, its in regard to ecu, ie not how the injector spray type, its how the ecu gives/takes power. just be clear on what your doing before you do it, or you run the risk of frying good ecus

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    i understand..

well i am going to go obd1 in the near future.. maybe a few months.
    do obd1 b series run saturated injectors... hence 0 risk as apposed to obd0?

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    also do all DC2R's come with obd2 and/or saturated..

might be worth confirming first

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 VTI-R HB Civic
    Dc2R's came with OBD2a 96-98 99-01 came with OBD2b both harness's have standard provisions for saturated injectors.

Johnny B.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVtec View Post
    PS. is that B18c figure for B18c-B18c-R?
    Yes,all B18C's got same fuel pressure

Most post '92 hondas have got high impedance(saturated) injectors except some accords & some other model,but all post '96 hondas have them.
    I think u'll find all OBD1 and later B series have saturated injectors.

U prob should do the whole OBD swap now & try get an OBD1 engine harness & dizzy.

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 VTI-R HB Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dxs View Post
    ok so i need the plugs too..

is it a basic replacement for plugs.. like 2 wire splice per plug?

and removal of the injector box
    and replace the fpr

and most of the time tunes lean factory maps.. so i would say more pressure would be a bad thing?

In regards to more pressure, you've just installed an intake manifold which flow's a sh*tload more cfm than a b16 manifold in the upper rpm range not to mention the fact that you're getting your throttlebody bored.

In regards to factory maps, (put simply) B series honda maps come with too much timing in the upper rpms to try and compensate for the large amounts of fuel they have to run due to the flow capablities that the B series have. By adding a more capable intake manifold and throttlebody, you have just performed a modification which will lean your engine. You will require more fuel in order for your engine to last and make good power, hence my suggestion that you use the itr fpr.

Johnny B.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    so OBD1 b vtec ecus are fine with DC2R injectors..

i understand what you are saying johnny.. but the fuel is still calculated from rpm and map basically yes? Hence larger TB and mani shouldnt skew AFR's that much?

maybe i will invest in a wideband with a gauge too..