Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    I'm keeping an eye on your resarch, mr dxs. I'm interested in how it all goes, as when I finally get around to CTR internals, I'll be looking at an ITR fuel/air system too. Pitty I can't actually contribute at this stage, so just consider this post some moral support hehe

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Interesting,
    im going to stick my neck out and say that he would likely be making more power before ANY of the suggested FPR & rail changes suggested in this thread.

Remember, Hondas run rich from factory, and at max torque at Wide Open Throttle (in vtec), peak timing is 26-27 deg advance, everywhere else its 24deg.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVtec View Post
    In regards to more pressure, you've just installed an intake manifold which flow's a sh*tload more cfm than a b16 manifold in the upper rpm range not to mention the fact that you're getting your throttlebody bored.

In regards to factory maps, (put simply) B series honda maps come with too much timing in the upper rpms to try and compensate for the large amounts of fuel they have to run due to the flow capablities that the B series have. By adding a more capable intake manifold and throttlebody, you have just performed a modification which will lean your engine. You will require more fuel in order for your engine to last and make good power, hence my suggestion that you use the itr fpr.

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 VTI-R HB Civic
    You should know by now that i have already done this swap. I've already provided you with the best answers i can.

I'm not going to force you
    Johnny B.

Representing DH-R All Day Everyday
    http://www.dh-racing.com/motors.html

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 VTI-R HB Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by ProECU View Post
    Interesting,
    im going to stick my neck out and say that he would likely be making more power before ANY of the suggested FPR & rail changes suggested in this thread.

Remember, Hondas run rich from factory, and at max torque at Wide Open Throttle (in vtec), peak timing is 26-27 deg advance, everywhere else its 24deg.

Already done the swap, it's too lean without more psi. (I'm not a tuner by any means) however i will say that my slightly modded B16a2 is making around 165whp on 25total and an afr that still needs work down low yet, soon to be 12.8 across.

As far as honda's running rich from factory, I've hypothesized there's a reason for it. As previously explained my theory is, high flow cfm cyl head and manifold from factory needs extra fuel to deal with the air.

If you were on the coast i would be eager to perform some tests with you present to either confirm or deny in front of you. I've done my best to explain, if you don't see what i mean. i musn't have done a very good job.
    Johnny B.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    how lean is lean? what afr's?

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 VTI-R HB Civic
    Lean is 14.9-17.0+

Final post, Cheers....
    Johnny B.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    **** johnny.. dont take it so personally

running rich is a typical safety thing..

so you are saying using a itr intake mani and a bored tb will make the car run lean
    Last edited by Dxs; 31-05-2007 at 11:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 VTI-R HB Civic
    Absolutely 100% Correct! if you weren't running itr fpr i would have suggested that you use an adjustable fpr. you may still need an adjustable fpr, because the itr fuel pump flows more fuel than the b16 fuel pump flows.

I'm not taking it personally mang, it just gets annoying repeating myself...

Honestly, anyone who doesn't believe me. No worries, you'll learn the hard way. As for anyone who wishes to debate the matter, you supply the dyno time locally/maybe even a plx. I'll take the day off work to bring my car, my stock ecu, i'll even buy a stock fpr, and we can do this....

PS. You're a stingy bastard
    Johnny B.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    stingy?

would you like to explain one thing to me..
    if the ecu calculates the injector duration based on RPM and MAP values.. how would an intake mani and tb affect the AFR so dramatically?

also using say a walbro fuel pump.. will that increase the pressure?

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 VTI-R HB Civic
    yes (STINGY) as in you havent even offered a thank you.(Dont bother)

That being said, I'm sure you won't be uneasy with my being finished answering any more of your questions. Best of luck to you......
    Last edited by JohnnyVtec; 01-06-2007 at 10:32 PM.
    Johnny B.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    you are taking my cynicism as personal attacks,
    where as i am just trying to learn/understand things

i am going to have to get a wideband with meter kit... to see what conclusions i come to

can anyone else answer my q's as to manifold and tb boring in relation to how the ecu will calculate the fuel?
    and if aftermarket pumps do increase fuel pressure?

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVtec View Post
    Lean is 14.9-17.0+

Final post, Cheers....
    lol, 2-5 a/f points leaner with just a TB & mani change,lol

you'd be dangerous if you found the other 1/2 of your brain