Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Sport
    Tyre pressures I quoted were for 17" Potenza's.

Which have a 50PSI maximum pressure warning on the tyre rim. Mind you, I wouldn't pump it past 40PSI except in a spare tyre and to be honest, I am fairly happy with front 36-37psi.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by pxrnm View Post
    Okay I'll change it today (this will make the consumption lower right? trust me u'm not heavy on the pedal), it's just that i thought if I put to much air it will blow up or something.

tanalasta - 38 PSI is that for the 16" - I guess if it's in winter it's ok..., but if it's in summer and hot, won't that be dangerous? with the expansion and all
    Fuel consumption improves only up to a point. To me, that point is about 36psi. BTW, what engine oil do you use?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Fuel consumption improves only up to a point. To me, that point is about 36psi. BTW, what engine oil do you use?
    ngggggg no idea.... oil engine from the dealer when they did the 20k service i guess I'm pretty much dummy about cars except driving it.

I don't stamp on the pedal, never rev it pass 5k rpm as i recall... hmmm perhaps it's because of the terrain? going through hills and school zones + traffic? it's 13km and took me about 1/2 hour though to go to work.

aaagggggrr this is confusing... the car run smoorthly though no problem at all... just the consumption confuse me abit... it's not like major difference but how come mine is not the same with the others???

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by BusterSonic12 View Post
    i get around 13L on my auto BUT that's because i shift at 7200rpm when i m first at the red lights. If normal driving, like my mum using my euro, i get around 10L
    Leon you rev head!!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I don't stamp on the pedal, never rev it pass 5k rpm as i recall... hmmm perhaps it's because of the terrain? going through hills and school zones + traffic? it's 13km and took me about 1/2 hour though to go to work.
    That's pretty slow, I guess that's why your fuel consumption is higher.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Sport
    I have my tyre pressures at 36/34'ish more because I like the way the car handles with those pressures rather than for fuel consumption alone.

Also, as someone else has mentioned - 32/30 tends to lose pressure quicker than 36/34.

Engine oil - Aaron - I use mobil 1 gold 10-30W.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    That's pretty slow, I guess that's why your fuel consumption is higher.
    correction, I don't think i've ever passed 3k rpm... speed limit is 60kph with lots of 40kph school zone. I just used the auto function and not semi auto...

so it's the terrain+speed limit you reckon?
    Last edited by pxrnm; 02-06-2007 at 09:26 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 EURO LUX AT
    correction, I've don't think i ever passed 3k rpm... speed limit is 60kph with lots of 40kph school zone. I just used the auto function and not semi auto...

pxrnm..... im sure you've been tempted to floor that euro, just like everybody else.

as for fuel comsumption, i normally get 540-560Km before that fuel light comes on. 9.5-10L/100Km for 54-56ltr of fuel.

talking bout fuel, I've always use 98 RON (shell) since day one. I recently noticed that shell has 100 ROn on one of thier pumps...has anybody tried it? if so, what's the performance/fuel consuption like?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by j4yps View Post
    pxrnm..... im sure you've been tempted to floor that euro, just like everybody else.

as for fuel comsumption, i normally get 540-560Km before that fuel light comes on. 9.5-10L/100Km for 54-56ltr of fuel.

talking bout fuel, I've always use 98 RON (shell) since day one. I recently noticed that shell has 100 ROn on one of thier pumps...has anybody tried it? if so, what's the performance/fuel consuption like?
    what's your tyre pressure?? see this is making me jealous coz i can only squeze 430km out of 56L

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    correction, I've don't think i ever passed 3k rpm... speed limit is 60kph with lots of 40kph school zone. I just used the auto function and not semi auto...

Travelling at 40-60 with lots of stops will consume a lot more fuel than travelling at 60-80 non-stop on a clear road.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 EURO LUX AT
    what's your tyre pressure?? see this is making me jealous coz i can only squeze 430km out of 56L
    i normally run 37 psi front, and 35 rear...

never really thought of these issue before reading the starter for the topic

hmmm... I never let go of the throtle when changing gears, but I feel the clutch engaging a long time from 1st to 2nd on flat roads, some mild acceleration

love the short shift ability though, I heard the in the new civic sports, you can't do that

anyway, redlined it a few times, but never really kept the pedal to the metal after 1st gear, usually just like cane it then short shift to 3rd gear and continue cruising, that's how to avoid speeding and i don't think ppl can hear the quiet vtec :P