Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Comptech Icebox!!

WHOOO mates jst got me comptech icebox for the euro...early bday pressie haha jst installed ...took almost 3hrs scared to damage front bar =]]

haha fanx to lilwilliam and amusevtec and also another mate for helping with installation haha loving it =] response is great =] lovn vtec

also DIYs from the forum gave alot of help...b4 we found the instructions LOL!!

response and performance i feel has dramatically increased...bt jst one question...dere is slight sound increases, however was expecting more...is this natural?? or perhaps another modifcation is needed to bring out the sound??
    K-series sQuadron | > B-series sQuadron

Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander
    lol u almost had a heart attack when i ripped out the front out of frustration lol!.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwilliam View Post
    lol u almost had a heart attack when i ripped out the front out of frustration lol!.
    yep LOL!!! heart pounded after u broke the first clip by accident LOL!! den every minute after that LOL!! haha pwnage...bt turned out great 3hrs of work =]] gorilla dog to finish it off..thanks man
    K-series sQuadron | > B-series sQuadron

Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander
    man that first clip broke cos u was putting pressure on me hahaha!!.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by J-TODA View Post
    response and performance i feel has dramatically increased...bt jst one question...dere is slight sound increases, however was expecting more...is this natural?? or perhaps another modifcation is needed to bring out the sound??
    It is supposed to be quiet that is one of the best things about the Icebox. If you wanted loud go with something that has a pod on the end of it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    It is supposed to be quiet that is one of the best things about the Icebox. If you wanted loud go with something that has a pod on the end of it.
    or just get a new set of catback exhaust
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    How much is the comptech icebox? where in sydney can i get one?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    Quote Originally Posted by johnprocter View Post
    How much is the comptech icebox? where in sydney can i get one?
    just get it off ebay *us* the guy who sells all these comptech gears. can't remember how much mine was, but it's cheap compare to injen, and there was no delay at all too
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    that's good to hear, i wash my filter once every 5000km (it can last for 10k tho) after the washing, u can always feel a difference. I like it, cos it's not as loud as the injen or k&n but i guess that's just personally taste, but myself i do prefer gain in low rpm than high end rpm since everyday u driving in the mid range anyway. But one thing i do love is the sound of VTEC !!!

did u search the DIY section because i made a DIY when i isntalled it, with sound + pics but the pics gone now for some reason if anyone thinking of installing it, feel free to pm me if u want some photos with the instruction ^^

Quote Originally Posted by J-TODA View Post
    WHOOO mates jst got me comptech icebox for the euro...early bday pressie haha jst installed ...took almost 3hrs scared to damage front bar =]]

haha fanx to lilwilliam and amusevtec and also another mate for helping with installation haha loving it =] response is great =] lovn vtec

also DIYs from the forum gave alot of help...b4 we found the instructions LOL!!

'03 Integra DC5 Type R

Quote Originally Posted by BusterSonic12 View Post
    that's good to hear, i wash my filter once every 5000km (it can last for 10k tho) after the washing, u can always feel a difference. I like it, cos it's not as loud as the injen or k&n but i guess that's just personally taste, but myself i do prefer gain in low rpm than high end rpm since everyday u driving in the mid range anyway. But one thing i do love is the sound of VTEC !!!

did u search the DIY section because i made a DIY when i isntalled it, with sound + pics but the pics gone now for some reason if anyone thinking of installing it, feel free to pm me if u want some photos with the instruction ^^
    Is that a k&n filter that you're using?
    Reason I ask is that k&n recommend washing the filter every 50-80k km.
    I remember reading in the manual that the filter works better after it picks up a little dirt (doesn't really sound logical to me, but anyway...) It'd vary depending on conditions... 5k sounds too often to me, unless you frequent unsealed roads on a daily basis.

IIRC the manual mentioned to clean it when it became clogged (something about the gunk being level with the wire mesh). Highly unlikely that it's as clogged as that after 5k.
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K, DC2, EM1YO
    Hi, just wondering what cleaner you guys are using with your comptech filter??