Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    I finally clicked on the links and you guys are totally right. d-series is the way to go. there's so many possibilities with them, it's endless, amazing.

I hope this thread has opened the eyes of many, and hope more people on here turbo there d-series, it's so value for money
    Toda Built D-SERIES Fo LiFe!

Civic + Chromies + D-series + Turbo = Subwoofer Sick

My kill list:
    GTR's, STi's,V8 commo's, TT Supra's, R1 Bikes, F1 Cars AND JDM-70Y. I don't need no timeslip YO!

Allright I've stayed out of this long enough,

My dseries at 20psi of boost, STOCK y4 head with arias pistons and Scat rods,

12.268 @ 118mph,

Last edited by Zdster; 05-06-2007 at 05:05 PM.
    Negative

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastcivic View Post

12.268 @ 118mph,
    damnz thought only the y8 head would be able to take that much...
    how long did u have this set up for with the y4 head?

as said before: its not a discusion about NA B series vs Turbo D series.

Its about, if you have a d series in your car its more financially viable (in pursuit of power) to turbo then swap for a B.

If you start with a B and did the same things you did to your D then you'd be quicker then a 12.3

12.268 @ 118mph,
    I dips me lid to you, that is a really impressive time, however, the contentious issue at hand is whether a garage floor special turbo kit + d series is better than a stock, or stock-ish b-series. Yours doesn't sound like a garage floor special to me.....
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra

12.268 @ 118mph,
    lol, wow you're the man. No one ever said d-series a slow if you put enough money and work into them. I'm sure if someone wanted too they could make almost any car run them times if they had the time and funds.
    Toda Built D-SERIES Fo LiFe!

Civic + Chromies + D-series + Turbo = Subwoofer Sick

My kill list:
    GTR's, STi's,V8 commo's, TT Supra's, R1 Bikes, F1 Cars AND JDM-70Y. I don't need no timeslip YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    online performance has a 10sec b series street car !!!!!!
    funny how you have to spend big money to get d series motors to be quick........
    if u can read it is a tread for budget builds dumb ass.....
    lol
    LOL thats right. Online has a crx b16a turbo with only rods and pistons fitted and i think valve springs aswell and does low 10s.

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    look at the heading power of the d series. this thread was surpose to be about the potiential and what abit of work can do to one.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWEGG View Post
    LOL thats right. Online has a crx b16a turbo with only rods and pistons fitted and i think valve springs aswell and does low 10s.
    It's not comparable to a street registered vehicle. And it's turbo. A few posts ago people were comparing a turbo D to a NA B, but now it's a turbo D street car compared to a turbo B drag car. What the F*** is this thread about anyway??? Too many tangents.

Quote Originally Posted by Aza View Post
    look at the heading power of the d series. this thread was surpose to be about the potiential and what abit of work can do to one.
    ...as well as the financial/power differences between the process of turboing a standard D compared to swapping for a B series.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    yeh agreed alot of tangents have been comeing into these arguments... but still good to see another Dseries Turbo Slip ... nice work dan!
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    as said before, turbo what u got lol. i think everyone just likes to have a go at everyone else.

its ok jason i dont hate u for driving a b series

wheres the love people

and yeah the thread quickly turned into that, as it always does on ozhonda.