JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    can you have ITB'S and a FMIC?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    ^^ of course, its the same setup as without the itbs, except the throttle bodies are now in the runners of the intake manifold, instead of a single one at the enterance.

Id rather spend the money elsewhere as aarong mentioned for better gains, although it would be great for a car like the mines gtr which is built for responce with a massive budget.
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, GTiR
    also gtir does not have ITB, they have quad throttle bodies.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by euroasia View Post
    also gtir does not have ITB, they have quad throttle bodies.
    Quad throttle bodies = 4 throttle bodies.
    On a 4 cylinder car like the GTIR, that means it has individual throttle bodies or ITBs.

If it was an 8-cylinder car having 4 throttle bodies, then it will be called quad throttle bodies and not ITBs.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The Bugatti Veyron does this. It has 1 turbo for each of the 4 banks of cylinders (and an intercooler for each).
    So someone should do this to a 4 cyl honda and get 1000hp without the thirst of 16 cylinders.. Could definitely be possible as the old F1 cars put out sh*t loads of power from 1.5L with 1 turbo. Only prob would be traction..
    Are my posts worthy of a PQ point ???

Member Array
    Car:
    94 VTI CIVIC, 72 RX2 13BT
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    it would be great for a car like the mines gtr which is built for responce with a massive budget.
    Most of the big hp GTR's ditch the ITB;s. IMO i would just go a big plenum with trumpets and run 2psi more and get better hp/$ lol. ITB with boost are a waste of money.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by creativepunka View Post
    Most of the big hp GTR's ditch the ITB;s. IMO i would just go a big plenum with trumpets and run 2psi more and get better hp/$ lol. ITB with boost are a waste of money.
    Yes correct, most of the big hp gtrs ditch the itbs, in alot of cases you can get better flow with the big single throttle body. In cases where responce is deemed more important than sky high power figures ie, circuit racing, the itbs are usually kept. Just like in the mines gtr.

I agree it would be a waste of money on a honda, much better spent elsewhere. Re-read what im saying
    Last edited by Muzz; 08-06-2007 at 06:44 PM.
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, GTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Quad throttle bodies = 4 throttle bodies.
    On a 4 cylinder car like the GTIR, that means it has individual throttle bodies or ITBs.

If it was an 8-cylinder car having 4 throttle bodies, then it will be called quad throttle bodies and not ITBs.

oh yeah, that makes sense. I've never heard or read of people calling it an 'ITB' setup, cause we usually refer in it's other term.

well then, speaking from experience (i guess), ITB with turbo =

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    ITB's + boost are great when your mid corner, with partial throttle and the trubo is supplying enough air to eliminate vacuum in the intercooler piping. Open the ITB's fully and there is no plenum to fill with air before pressurising the cylinder, only a short runner between then throttle plates and the intake valves.

With a single TB, pressurising the inlet plenum takes a while and there is no instant 'boost' of the cylinder until the manifold is filled with air.

This is where the throttle response comes in for the circuit tuned ITB GTR's and the rally bred GTiR.
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    what ever happened to your full sick SSS
    you should have broken all your bones by this stage as an excuse not to run your car down the 1/4
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    lol @ ^^^
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts