Page 61 of 153 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ^ thanks for the review. i guess i would head down to btc soon to check out prices on 195/55/r15. cheers

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    From what I learnt from my friends who are seasoned trackers, you're better off with bridgestone and yokohama semi-slicks compared to toyo semi-slicks.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by euro77 View Post
    From what I learnt from my friends who are seasoned trackers, you're better off with bridgestone and yokohama semi-slicks compared to toyo semi-slicks.
    Really? I have seen so many people set their best lap times on Toyo R888's though... or it that because maybe the Toyo R888 are a bang for buck rather than outright better performance?

For that matter, how would the Kumho v700's rate against the R888... Heard the V700 were a real bang-for-buck semi

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi-L
    What about the firestone tyres? are they better than adrenaline re001?

Quote Originally Posted by civic_mods View Post
    ^ thanks for the review. i guess i would head down to btc soon to check out prices on 195/55/r15. cheers
    Wood grain
    Reverse Parking Sensor
    LED Head Light
    LED Tail Light

Member Array
    Car:
    well tried firestone Firehawk - which is their so called performance tyre, in dry they r all right but wet.. lol crap. so i think u r better off with re001 with the promotion..

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Bond View Post
    What about the firestone tyres? are they better than adrenaline re001?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi-L
    yep just asked a quote for the re001, 205/50R16, they give me price $205 each price compared to the firestone firehawk tz100 which only cost u $156 each
    Wood grain
    Reverse Parking Sensor
    LED Head Light
    LED Tail Light

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    I am using Yokohama ADVAN AD07 215/45/17 on my Accord. Very good performance on both Wet and Dry.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Quote Originally Posted by arron View Post
    Really? I have seen so many people set their best lap times on Toyo R888's though... or it that because maybe the Toyo R888 are a bang for buck rather than outright better performance?

For that matter, how would the Kumho v700's rate against the R888... Heard the V700 were a real bang-for-buck semi
    I'm no expert on slicks or semi-slicks, like I said, it's what I learnt from my friends.

Have those people used bridgestone/yokohama and toyo, and got the best time with Toyo? If yes, than obviously my friends were wrong (or for some reason, those tyres makes them more confident or something).

I guess the tyre's softness had something to do with it as well (if I remember correctly, bridgestone & yokohama wears faster than toyo), so maybe the softer it is, the more grip?
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by euro77 View Post
    I'm no expert on slicks or semi-slicks, like I said, it's what I learnt from my friends.

Have those people used bridgestone/yokohama and toyo, and got the best time with Toyo? If yes, than obviously my friends were wrong (or for some reason, those tyres makes them more confident or something).

I guess the tyre's softness had something to do with it as well (if I remember correctly, bridgestone & yokohama wears faster than toyo), so maybe the softer it is, the more grip?
    no no, im not questioning your judgement or even your opinion for that matter.. i just haven't seen too many other brands of semi slick on some laptime charts.. a majority were toyo's.. that's why i naturally assumed that they were better.. but im probably wrong.. if the bridgestones and yoko's wear faster, it is quite likely that they are probably softer and grip better

Quote Originally Posted by kass01
    eyy

have u people tried the r888 semi sliks, they are legal on australian roads,try

taleb tyres in sydney, they import the tyres themselves and a veryygood priceee

www.talebtyres.com.au

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by kass01 View Post
    R888 U CAN NEVER GO WRONG !!!

best retailer in sydney
    www.talebtyres.com.au
    Oh I get it now, cheap advertising!!!

EDIT: any opinions on the S drives those of you who have been trying them out?
    Last edited by JHMDA9; 19-06-2007 at 05:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 EJ8 Civic Coupe
    checked up about the R888 with taleb tyres. they only got R881's left.
    these are discontinued stock according to another thread.
    any1 use old semi's? does it really make much difference to a backyard racer or is just a fussy thing to not use old slicks?

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Quote Originally Posted by JHMDA9 View Post
    Oh I get it now, cheap advertising!!!

EDIT: any opinions on the S drives those of you who have been trying them out?

yeah got the S drives on my dc2r in 195/55R15. Harder compound than the re001 on my EG, and takes a bit of warming up before giving their best but quieter than the re001. Only done 400kms on them so this is only my 1st impressions.