Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander
    Quote Originally Posted by xtat1k View Post
    i just drove from syd to melb in my dc2, got me about 5000km's with vortex.
    turned the engine off and let it roll lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Lepperfish View Post
    I guess all you guys that get 400+ kms from a tank drive like pussys.. haha.
    You're obviously unaware of victorian anti "hoon" laws where police can impound your car if caught speeding over 45 kays or 155 in a 110 zone, driving in a "hoon" like manner such as burnouts, drifting etc...

I get 450 minimum out of the tank of my type R and i could not count the amount of falcodores that pull up next to me at lights for a bit of spirited driving.
    I dont drive like a pussy and i also transport my gf around a lot and i wont put her life at risk by driving like a mental. I am confident in how i drive, i like twisties and such but i wont put others close to me at a higher risk (doesnt mean i drive like a grandma either, vtec only to 3rd gear lol). People talk about higher fuel consumption after installing gruppeM on the dc5's in the other thread. I rev out to 4k all the time and still get good economy.

My recommendation stands at getting your car tuned to run the modifications you have on them. A 4 cyl car should not get less than 350 kays in a 45-50L tank, just doesnt fit for me.
    Current holder of the Win folder.

Now taking people for lessons on how to win.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by didz View Post
    You're obviously unaware of victorian anti "hoon" laws where police can impound your car if caught speeding over 45 kays or 155 in a 110 zone, driving in a "hoon" like manner such as burnouts, drifting etc...

I get 450 minimum out of the tank of my type R and i could not count the amount of falcodores that pull up next to me at lights for a bit of spirited driving.
    I dont drive like a pussy and i also transport my gf around a lot and i wont put her life at risk by driving like a mental. I am confident in how i drive, i like twisties and such but i wont put others close to me at a higher risk (doesnt mean i drive like a grandma either, vtec only to 3rd gear lol).
    nice one
    I don't even want to put myself in a high risk LOL

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic, gtr, wrx,TL1000r
    get your injectors cleaned under ultrasonic. but if you have a 2 1/2 inch exhaust then it is too big anyways, reduce it to 2 to 2 1/4 inch and you will get more economy and performance.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    yer they are the main things to look for, if your exhaust is to big for your engine, your car is tuned in a way that more fuel is being pumped into the engine, or you race someone at the lights all the time.

i know in my teg i get max probably about 420kms out of one petrol tank, but its cause i do hit vtec quite alot. hehehe

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 CRX Del Sol
    Is it bad to let the fuel get right down to the bottom of the tank b4 filling up?
    I try not 2 cuz im worried about the gunk at the bottom so i fill up b4 it gets 2 low
    www.myspace.com/miss_vtec
    My Crx is SOLD!!
    ... Time for the next car... cant wait!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    Well My car is new and I put nothing but BP Ultimate in it. So i have gone 100k on the fuel light which was impressive. I have 2 trip meters and I reset the B one when the fuel lights hit
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    well normally people say that you shouldnt let your tank drop below the quarter mark, but i normally fill her up when the light comes on.

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    Mine rarley gets the light to come on, prob 3 times in 4-5 years.

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 CRX Del Sol
    ^ same
    My Crx is SOLD!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    well im going to WSID tonight and I got ULTIMATE in it <1/4 tank, lets see what my baby has. I think that if the the car is tuned to RON95 it won't really do much.
    Last edited by EL_DC5; 20-06-2007 at 02:44 PM.
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 CRX Del Sol
    ^ yep! it probly wont make a diffrence. high octane fuel wont add any kw.
    I know if a car is tuned for 98 it will run like crap without it
    My Crx is SOLD!!