Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r

noob speaker questions

im a real noob on speakers. I did some research and i hope i know what im talking about now...

i was planning to purchase a component speaker set up such as these two
    http://www.ryda.com.au/Clarion-SCM40...m-p/scm400.htm
    or sacrifice the rear speaker with this http://www.alpine.com.au/products/pr...sp?modelID=314

does these component systems create enough bass and im also not sure about their sound quality. Say i have 6 standard speakers in my car 4 speaker and 2 tweeters. and i only change the tweeters and front speakers will this reduce the sound quality?

But than i end up finding a free 12 inch kicker sub that my friend didnt want, so now i cant help but putting it in. This means more money to spend on amp i heard that jaycar got pretty good amp

can you please help me and comment on this set ups and what speakers/amp i should use. Do you think the kicker sub is good ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    will the component setup have enough bass? well depends what type of bass you want with just normal 6x9s or something like that they just give a more punchy sound instead of a more warm and deep bass sound which either a 12" or 15" sub would do.

with the 12" sub, find out how much watt it is, and all you have to make sure is that the amp matches the sub perfectly with ohms and watts.

The kicker brand is a good standard of sub just for general use, if you want more competition subs go for either rockford, polk, or fusion.

just my 2 sence peace...

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    what exactly are you aiming for? alot of deep vibrating bass? or just alot of treble etc. anyway if your looking for a decent system. the speaker setup will improve sound quality over stock but wont put out the bass i think your after. basically splits,6x9, sub, amps, headunit. and you got an alright sounding system. you would need an amp to power the sub and 6x9, splits. a 2 channel amp will only power the sub on its own so you either need 2x2channel amps, or a 4 channel amp. if your interested im selling sound system set brand new and unopened all.
    jvc dvd headunit/remote+7inch lcd indash screen/remote+sony 1300watt sub+sony 300watt amp+8gauge sony amp wiring kit.
    prefer to sell the lot for $700ono...may seperate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    im looking for a good sound quality, where the shound of instruments dont mix in together, nice and crisp sound with some bass, not really a duff duff to go out the street

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    to get a complete freq range you need a sub... ideal, cost saving solution is to get a decent 4ch amp, a pair of splits and a sub..

jaycar 4x100w RMS amp is great for what its worth and if ur on a budget get their splits as well (better than most splits twice the price). Which kicker sub you got?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k
    first of all, by the looks of it, you keeping it on a low buget.
    1. by changing the front speaker and the tweeters will not affect the quality of the sound but will improve on it. any aftermarket speaker will dominate the factory speakers.
    2. do install the speakers at the front if your only deciding on changing one set of speakers. think about it, is it for your enjoyment or for your passengers? it will sound so much better at the front.
    3. kicker subs are awesome, one of the best. get a 4 channel amp and bridge it to run the sub, you cna pick up an amp at strahfield car radio or jbhifi for $200 during the financial year clearance.
    4. if your only getting the front speakers then just run it off the head unit, the headunit will be capable of running it without any issues. down the track if your looking to upgrade the rear then u can just run it off the 4 channel amp.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    i got a 250watt kicker ex with the sub box, $350 when new