Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha

CD Player Gone Bonkers

Will the dealership know how to fix it?

My Euro's Stacker is stuffed....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

One Eyed Monster Array
    Car:
    1995 EG5 Vti Hatch
    if ur under warranty then I reckon they should...

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    yeah, take it to dealership, if they can't fix it they have to replace it.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    The whole unit was stuffed... They have to order a new one from Panasonic and that'll take another week... geeez.. car feels different without some music in it... Ok, the vroom vroom is an exception... ...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    exactly a week after i purchasded mya ccord the cd player shit it self and would eject any of the cds in there... the radio still worked.. the dealer replaced it...

while i have to check out the manual, a mate form a dealership said that with their crv'z it states that their cd players are not to have copied cds inserted and will void the warranty... so i advise you all to check you euro manuals...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro_Boy
    while i have to check out the manual, a mate form a dealership said that with their crv'z it states that their cd players are not to have copied cds inserted and will void the warranty... so i advise you all to check you euro manuals...
    This does not negate fault, just tries to stop weak peoples claims. I would push for a newbie. Don't lay down!

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Got it replaced, and they broke my center console at the gearknob at the same time LOL.. That was replaced on the same day too.. efficient..

However, I was unable to retrieve my CDs stuck in the broken stacker and was told they will send it to Panasonic to have it taken out.. Of the six discs in there, 3 are copied.. :P According to my manual, it saiys if it's playing copied CDs, use high quality ones.. So if they come telling me that it's the CD's fault.. I'll blo*ody ask them to prove that my CDs are crappy ones :P...
    Last edited by EuroAccord13; 14-09-2004 at 07:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    They broke your dash?!@#?!?#!

Freakin 1st year apprentice monkeys!
    Wow, high quality eh? Yeah Im checking my manual. Its interesting how they say high quality.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro_Boy
    exactly a week after i purchasded mya ccord the cd player shit it self and would eject any of the cds in there... the radio still worked.. the dealer replaced it...

Tere is nothing in the manual re voiding warranty with copied cds. The Euro manual actually contemplates the use of CDrs as it refers to ensuring that CDR sessions are "closed". It does say CD-RW will not work.

Nick - if Honda comes back to you saying the problem was with the CD and they want you to pay for the fix - let me know.
    Last edited by yfin; 14-09-2004 at 02:47 PM.