Member Array
    Car:
    98 DC2 VTi-R

DC2R -> VTi-R + lowering questions

Quick question.
    DC2R suspention is better than the VTi-R's correct (talking shocks & springs)
    I know i have to get DC2R lower control arms if i want to put the DC2R into VTi-R, anythign else i need to know?

I'd like to lower my car a bit because its ridiculusly high atm (3" gap in the front and 2.5" at the rear)

Should i just get new springs or used DC2R shocks & springs?
    Done and dusted.

yes it is better. it is quite firmer , and sits a tiny bit lower than your stock setup. All you need is DC2R OR EG6 rear control arms.

IMO just get some lowering springs - the cost of them + fittment is atleast $150-250 cheaper than getting just ITR sussy + the LCA"s as well.

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    Here's a pic I took next to my mates stock height VTi-R just after I fitted my DC2R suspension. Front is noticibly lower but rear only just.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 064.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	5820  

good to have both WHITE cars lol. Cant see shit !

s tune Array
    Car:
    yeah thought of that but is the best I can do lol

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Lux
    Hey dimsum,

You are in the same position as I was 3 months ago. I have a 98’ Integra VTi-R and wanted my car to handling like ITR (never going to be possible) but I bought parts to get it as close as possible.

I went with a 22mm whiteline rear sway-bar, mandatory ITR LCA, stock ITR shocks and Eibach Pro-Kit Springs setup. To date everything has been installed and handling has improved immensely as expected.

Everyone has their own opinions and experiences, but I was advised not to mix old shocks with new springs. But due to limited funds I had to… and so far I haven’t had any problems with the stock ITR shocks and Eibach Pro Kit Springs. Good combo… but I hear Koni Yellows and Ebiach Pro-kit are a great combo.

They only real issues I’ve had regarding this setup is the negative camber I have got as a result of lowering the car, especially at the front. For some reason the Eibach Pro Kit is lower at the front than it is at the back hence giving me almost -3.0 camber (front) and -1.70 (back). I’ve had this setup for about 2-3 months and my tires are gone. I will need to get a camber kit to fix the problem.

The other issue is if you do decide to get a rear sway-bar make sure it clears the ITR LCA… my 22mm one hits the LCA when going over speed humps and steep drive ways.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if you need pics or more info.

Cheers

Rik

s tune Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by rikstar View Post
    .... I have a 98’ Integra VTi-R and wanted my car to handling like ITR (never going to be possible)......
    It actually is possible, once suspension is done, on 98+ VTi-R, chassis wise it only leaves the sound deadening & thinner windcreen (which I admit no one will generally bother removing/changing), the bonnet lining and aluminium radiator. Once the rear subframe has a tie-bar fitted you're done.

Of course some will say just buy an ITR but many haven't tried.

Just found this if you're interested
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69933
    Last edited by T-onedc2; 02-07-2007 at 10:15 PM.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    or you could just get a coilover suspension kit that is fully adjustable made for DC2r's