Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How Luxury is the Euro?

Hi guys,

just got my Euro Lux yesterday and I'm very happy so far. Only one little rattle, which I have to get fixed.

I've chosen the car because I wanted to save some fuel and I don't need a large car anymore.

But I honestly don't understand why the Automobile Clubs (RACV and others) rate the Euro as a luxury vehicle.
    Or is it that cars in Australia are not as luxurious as in Europe?

While I was living in Europe, I've had several Renault, Citroen, Opel (Holden) and Audi vehicles and the features (options) I had in those cars I can't buy in Australia.
    The same scenario with the Euro. Why can't we get some features other countries can get (Premium Sound System/Lane Assist thingi).
    I do understand that Wagons aren't as popular in AUS, but Diesel cars certainly become more and more popular, and the Accord Diesel is a very fine piece of equipment.

Cheers,
    Marc
    Euro Lux 5AT Silver Stock Standard

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    congrats on getting the car. it is a good car.

imo in answering your question is that maybe the european market is much more bigger then ours and their expectations in everything are much more higher ? its true isnt it ? also like in the U.S the acuraTSX is in competition with bmw's and those high class cars as here in australia its competed with mazdas ? libertys ? and the money to give the extra features will cost. im pretty sure there was a threat already posted simliar to this.

well thats my two cents. peter

Thanks for your opinion

Hi Peter,

I can see where you are coming from.

But I can get the Mazda 6 with Bose Sound System and the Liberty with the Infinity System (only top of range though).

It is obvious that Honda can't supply a car for every taste and that they have done some market research.

I'm only asking why some features are not available, when others deliver the features. The Euro Sound System can't even play MP3, but the Civic can.
    Every Totyota, Hyundai and Mazda is supporting MP3.

I don't want to get too exited, because it is a great car and I had MP3 over Bluetooth retro fitted.

Cheers

P.S. Searched for a similar threat, but too many threats starting with luxury ;-)

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    In the US, Europe and Japan, it is considered a luxury car, and so you get premium audio, memory seats for 2 driver profiles, auto lights, heated mirrors, lane assist and all that. The competitors of the Euro there are the sportier sedans such as the 325i and A4 2.4L. Therefore the Euro and TSX are priced at a similar price to the BMW and Audi (but usually at a slightly cheaper price in order to be competitive against an european marque).

Unfortunately, in Australia, the competitors of the Euro are the Mazda6, Liberty, Vectra and Camry. That's why we get less luxury features but at least it is priced at about 60% of a 325i.

That's why eventhough it is called an Euro Luxury, has leather, seat warmers, auto wipers, HIDs and power seats, it doesn't get the extras that bring it up to the BMW/Audi's level. If it did, then instead of selling it for $43k for the auto, it would be bumped up to the $71k of an E46 325i sport.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by marosch View Post
    Hi Peter,

I can see where you are coming from.

But I can get the Mazda 6 with Bose Sound System and the Liberty with the Infinity System (only top of range though).

It is obvious that Honda can't supply a car for every taste and that they have done some market research.

I'm only asking why some features are not available, when others deliver the features. The Euro Sound System can't even play MP3, but the Civic can.
    Every Totyota, Hyundai and Mazda is supporting MP3.

I don't want to get too exited, because it is a great car and I had MP3 over Bluetooth retro fitted.

Cheers

P.S. Searched for a similar threat, but too many threats starting with luxury ;-)
    Bose is overrated. You have to listen to both the Mazda6's Bose system and the Euro's system in order to decide whether if the Bose is better.

As for the Subaru, only the GT gets the premium system, and that is already in a different class. The Liberty 2.5L premium is the competitor of the Euro Lux.

Thanks again

Thanks Aarong,

I agree and have to disagree as well.

If the Euro had all the features and the engine of a 325i, it would be more expensive, but still cheaper than a German car.

I guess the guys in Japan don't believe that it is getting cold in Australia and therefore we don't need heated mirrors (which I really miss as a feature).

The Euro Lux is called Executive in Germany and has not many more features than the Lux in AUS (only Bluetooth/heated and folding mirrors/Premium Sound).
    The price tag is EURO 33,500 or AU$53,200

We are getting the Euro quite cheap in Australia

To get back to my question:
    I see a Lexus as a luxury vehicle (with the luxury price tag), but the Accord doesn't fit in this category in my opinion.
    I believe it is a great car and superb value for money.

Cheers
    Marc

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    lol yes what aaronng said, ive been here for a while and his always got my questions answered, cheers to aaron and my work enivornment is around cars, ive been in practically every single cars even ferraris in ONE or two ocassions but rarely, the bose sound system is overrated its not that good, imho the honda sound system is better. lol

and its kind of harsh to compare the euro to a $80G car, lexus lol you get what you pay i suppose in name of the badge and reputation.

Hi again,

before it gets a bit off track:

This is not to argue about the qualities of the Accord and say it is not a good car. It is actually a great car.

In MY opinion it is not a luxury car. Just a mid sized sedan with some more features.

The Lexus IS 250 actually starts at $54k and goes up to $79k

We (I) need to compare apples with apples, and I see where you are coming from with the GT. But the size of the car is the same and the competitors offer different engines and spec levels, as Honda does in other markets as well.

If the Euro was available as a Euro R or as a 2.3 Turbo, people would be prepared to pay more for them. But does a bigger engine automatically means better interior?

Bose Sound Systems are most the time overrated, but sound good enough for my taste (I had one in my Audi). Could be my age and that I'm more on the phone than listening to the Sound System

Have a nice evening!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Lexus got its name together with the top luxury marques not solely because of their cars. Up to 2001, they were using the top Japanese Toyota models. They succeeded because of their impeccable service. Something that Honda (and Acura) have yet to learn.

The IS250 is not a $79k car. Not when you put it up against an E90 325i Sports ($77,500). But a part of that $79k goes towards the service you get. They come to your house to pick your car up and leave you with a Lexus of at least the same model. While Accord owners get Jazz as loaners, IS owners will get an IS or better, while GS owners won't get an IS loaner but get GS or better.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro 6MT
    Have you heard the sound from those systems....and doesn't the Liberty come with McIntosh?

I think the Euro is classed as a Luxury car in Australia...thats what a dealer said to me anyway. It was the best selling "luxury" car. Luxury car meaning it has 6 disc cd and climate control or something like that.

As aaronng said the Euro is priced to compete in its relevant market...which i think it does pretty well.

Base model IS250 is good value...IMO when you start spending more $$$ on the Sports or Sports luxury the value goes down...you get the same drive train as in the base model.

Post some pics up of your Euro!!!
    2004 Accord Euro 6MT
    ------------------------------
    mods
    ------------------------------

Mugen catback exhaust l Philips BlueVision 4000k headlights

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Hmm, IS250 good value... Hmm, I'd say that the IS250 is good value as a 2 seater, as there aren't many 2+2 cars with that level of comfort and luxury. As a 4 seater, it is bad as the rear seats were too small for me, my head hit the roof at the back, the steering wheel is chunky and ugly while the boot space is the WORST ever in a 4-door sedan. Even the Echo sedan has more boot space. But the Lexus is about indulgence. Why pay less for a similar car when you can spend extra dosh and be treated like a king at the dealership. You even get free coffees (lattes, mocha, espresso, cappucino) at the Lexus dealership during service, unlike Honda where they only give it to you if you are sitting down to negotiate on a price. LOL

I get free cofee, lattes, long/short black etc at my service center... but no loaner... not sure about warranty claims, etc....