Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by itr025 View Post
    They only choose to answer useless/convenient questons.
    Exactly!!!!

''Ask the Experts''

45. annie asks:
    since it's release, has there been any reported problems by customers?
    Mark Higgins answers:
    No.

UK Civic Type R Forum

by dphyams on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:23 pm
    HONDA UK UPDATE....
    I've just had a call back from Honda UK regarding this and apparently the problem is due to the 3rd gear carbon rod fracturing. They say (as they would) this is only a problem with a very limited number and hope to have a fix in 3-4 weeks.
    At least they're admitting there's a problem without any fuss....I'd suggest giving them a call asap if you're having a problem rather than speaking to your dealer.
    Honda UK Customer Services: 01753 590760
    They have also offered me either a free service or £400 of accessories!!!!! Sweeeetttt!!!

UK Civic Type R Forum again...

by ahmefd1 on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:44 am
    Hi i just called Honda UK and they told me the exact same thing. Something to do with Carbon rod that sits on the gear splits and comes away. They are currently doing a durability test on a different material. Said they will know in 3-4 weeks if test has been successful. By the way all they would offer me was a free service.
    Last edited by Wazza; 05-07-2007 at 08:10 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    LOL. Looks like they consulted ricers.

65. bob_a_job asks:
    i downloaded the type r kit on the website and it said that they 'consulted' with enthusiasts before develping the type r. is this true or marketing crap?

Matthew Nichol answers:
    Yes this is true. Features like the starter button, the VTEC light and the shift change lights were all added after talking to enthusiasts.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If the Euro doesn't torque steer with VSA off, then the CTR won't as well, assuming that the CTR's suspension is well sorted.
    With such 'improved' torque at low revs to the K20 in this car, you seriously expect decent suspension tuning alone will eliminate torque steer... righto.

Also the Euro is a totally different car. Power delivery will be nowhere near as frantic and gearing won't be as short.
    Last edited by itr025; 05-07-2007 at 08:20 PM.

80. F1 Man asks:
    What do the F1 drivers think of the ctr?
    Mark Higgins answers:
    They love it.

W T F...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    LOL. Looks like they consulted ricers.

65. bob_a_job asks:
    i downloaded the type r kit on the website and it said that they 'consulted' with enthusiasts before develping the type r. is this true or marketing crap?

Matthew Nichol answers:
    Yes this is true. Features like the starter button, the VTEC light and the shift change lights were all added after talking to enthusiasts.

Funnily enough I have actually talked to one of the ''enthusiasts'' that they consulted when building the new Type R. He is the site administrator on the Civic Type R forum in the UK. Have a read of the ''Type R Kit'' on the Aus website, in the last few pages it is outlined with interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by slipangle View Post
    hmmm... having trouble registering. I keep getting an empty email when it asks me to activate.

Could someone please post the following q's;

- What were the defining points which led to the decision to implement VSA instead of an LSD? and how are they largely different in performance terms as I understand it VSA will brake a spinning wheel whereas an LSD will apportion drive to the wheel with traction instead. In your opinion, does the (braking) VSA system limit the ability for the new car to aid the rear to work with the car in cornering as much as the use of an LSD? Please elaborate!.

- What were the main points of consideration when adopting a torsion beam rear suspension setup? Is this just a case of trying to make the best of what you've got to work with?

- what does Honda Australia know about the type of people who have previously bought Type R cars and do you think there is a distinct difference between people who drive those cars and the people that will buy the new car?

- do you believe there is a case for the Japanese car and if not, what do you believe are the limitations with offering this model to Australian buyers? In addition to this, does HA have any thoughts on what specific outcomes that may prevail from the current free trade talks with Japan which may serve as an opportunity to consider some Japanese market cars in to Australia (particularly the Japanese Civic Type R!)

- Given the limitations due to the inheritance of the family car body to work worth, what particular Type R detailed modifications were made to lower the weight and reduce the centre of gravity, keeping in mind, most Type R enthusiasts drool over detail things like lowering of seat heights and deletion of vanity mirrors!. Which aspects of the car do you see as major contributors of excess weight?

- Has the front and rear skirt been wind tunnel tested? and if so, what results do they produce?

- How does Honda Australia gauge the discontent that seems to be swelling relating to a feeling that the Japanese car is a preferred option within a not insignificant group of Honda enthusiasts? Do you acknowledge that this is the case, and how does this effect your future decision making?

Thanks
    Can I ask whether anyone has submitted my q's?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    Can someone please ask about the ''third gear problem'' again, they are still yet to give me an answer..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by itr025 View Post
    With such 'improved' torque at low revs to the K20 in this car, you seriously expect decent suspension tuning alone will eliminate torque steer... righto.

Also the Euro is a totally different car. Power delivery will be nowhere near as frantic and gearing won't be as short.
    Anyway, you do know that the LSD causes torque steer, right?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Can someone please ask about the ''third gear problem'' again, they are still yet to give me an answer..
    It's in the too hard basket I bet. Plus, no suprises, they are just trying to talk up the product they're selling. Definitely nothing there for enthusiasts.

"I suggest you hurry to your nearest dealer to avoid disappointment"....
    "They're selling fast" ...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    I can safely say that the session made me more frustrated than anything else

Anyway, you do know that the LSD causes torque steer, right?
    Any torque steer induced by the LSD has never bothered me before. Even if it did, it'd be heavily offset by benefits in increased traction around a corner. Spinning the inside wheel does nothing for understeer.

There happens to be a LSD in the FD2, (JDM) EP3, DC5R, DC2R and EK9. The fact this one doesn't tells me it's a cost cutting measure as with the UK EP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    I can safely say that the session made me more frustrated than anything else
    Agreed. As with Honda Australia in general, they market to the lowest common denominator (I'm not saying it's not good business practice).